TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Executive Rear Seats

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by euniverse, Jan 12, 2015.

1. euniverse

euniverse Member

#1 euniverse, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
    $15,500 HKD ($2000 USD) option. Requires Premium Interior Package and Subzero Weather Package though.
    Both leather seats have heating and comes with center console that can control media center and panoramic roof via Tesla app. Very tempting, but not interested in the subzero weather package.

Thoughts? You gain a center console but lose the extra seat. I ordered my S85 middle of last month. Wondering if I can change my seats to these.

Screen Shot 2015-01-12 at 9.14.04 pm.png

2. Mikischu

Mikischu Member

Looks nice. Seems to be trying to fight for the sales to owners who have a driver.

Not sure it's going to be widely appealing since you lose a seat and also the ability to fold down the rear seats.

I still think they should design a centre console that can clip into the ISOfix clips that are in the seat already. That way it can be removable when you need to fold down the rear seats.

3. mrElbe

mrElbe Member

Hmm. $ 15000.- option and it looks like those seats will not fold down and the stitching is of the old seat pattern.

4. Optic

Optic Member

They also dropped the price of the premium interior package and the yacht floor looks standard feature. I wonder if my bill for my June S85D will be price adjusted.

5. 647chang

647chang Member

rear cup holders!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

Thanks for sharing the first images that I've seen... the option looks great. I think the heated seating should not be required but an option.

7. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I believe you mistyped the option price. It's $5,500.

According to the Tesla website, the described rear seat controls are done through the Tesla smartphone app, not through the center console as you stated.

Mods, I think there are currently at least two separate topics about this new option, could they be merged? Thanks.

8. euniverse

euniverse Member

$15,500 is in Hong Kong dollars. I should of written that down. That comes to around $2000 USD.

9. 3fiftynine

3fiftynine Member

My opinion is that there won't be too many ppl in Hong Kong throwing $ at this, the back seat isn't really good enough for big bosses with driver. It's OK for kids with driver. For a real limo Tesla needs a long wheel base model with longer leg room, this is still a rumour? Rumor: Long-Wheelbase Tesla Model S Coming Later This Year?

Even my son of 13 feels the back is a bit tight when getting out.

10. pinguhk

pinguhk Member

I like this.
    But I will ask my leather shop to see if I can mod the seat so they sit much better.
    Now it is same as i3 with only 4 seats.

11. Tony Lin

Tony Lin Member

you can try Sungaurd Group, +852 2682 6515. they do a good job.

12. pinguhk

pinguhk Member

yes that is the shop I go, I done a few cars there, they are the best in HK

13. Tony Lin

Tony Lin Member

have u done yours already?

14. pinguhk

pinguhk Member

#14 pinguhk, Jan 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
    no have not got the car yet but if they have the new upgrade seats I might just get that. Let see what happens in the next few months.
    If I don't get them, then I will go to them to redo the seats and the doors to red nappa leather with black stitching like the BMW.

2014-BMW-435i-front-seats-view.jpg

15. Tony Lin

Tony Lin Member

i see you order 85D, that might take sometimes. Might get my done 1st, depends on how much!.

16. pinguhk

pinguhk Member

yeah I plan to get car in 2016
    Cool like to see it after you done it.

17. lx3h

lx3h Charged.hk TSLA Grp Rep

$15,500 isn't expensive at all, but can I have the middle seat back?

18. euniverse

euniverse Member

Ordered my S85 mid Dec. When my wife and I test drove the car, we both liked it a lot, but my wife was very unhappy with the rear seating. She didn't like the bench seating and reminded her of the rear seats of a taxi (esp. the black leather we test drove). She didn't think it was luxurious enough for a car this price. We ended up going with Grey leather without the upgraded interior. Few days ago I showed her pics of these new executive rear seats and she instantly wanted it. I wasn't keen on losing the middle seat and the inability to fold down the seats (I'm not sure if this is the case, but I assume they don't fold down) while paying more at the same time. But in the end, she won out so I called Gavin at Tesla today and asked if we could upgrade it. He says we most likely can, but will have to confirm it today as our car is very near production. It's set for Late March delivery so far. Don't know if this change will push it into April. I maybe one of the early batch to receive the rear executive seats if I can get my configuration changed. Will update you guys on it as I get more info.

19. Tony Lin

Tony Lin Member

sure!, but let me get my car 1st too. :)