Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Executive Rear Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$15,500 HKD ($2000 USD) option. Requires Premium Interior Package and Subzero Weather Package though.
Both leather seats have heating and comes with center console that can control media center and panoramic roof via Tesla app. Very tempting, but not interested in the subzero weather package.

Thoughts? You gain a center console but lose the extra seat. I ordered my S85 middle of last month. Wondering if I can change my seats to these.

Screen Shot 2015-01-12 at 9.14.04 pm.png

Last edited:
Looks nice. Seems to be trying to fight for the sales to owners who have a driver.

Not sure it's going to be widely appealing since you lose a seat and also the ability to fold down the rear seats.

I still think they should design a centre console that can clip into the ISOfix clips that are in the seat already. That way it can be removable when you need to fold down the rear seats.

$15,500 option. Requires Premium Interior Package and Subzero Weather Package though.
Both leather seats have heating and comes with center console that can control media center and panoramic roof.

I believe you mistyped the option price. It's $5,500.

According to the Tesla website, the described rear seat controls are done through the Tesla smartphone app, not through the center console as you stated.

Mods, I think there are currently at least two separate topics about this new option, could they be merged? Thanks.

I believe you mistyped the option price. It's $5,500.

According to the Tesla website, the described rear seat controls are done through the Tesla smartphone app, not through the center console as you stated.

Mods, I think there are currently at least two separate topics about this new option, could they be merged? Thanks.

$15,500 is in Hong Kong dollars. I should of written that down. That comes to around $2000 USD.

Ordered my S85 mid Dec. When my wife and I test drove the car, we both liked it a lot, but my wife was very unhappy with the rear seating. She didn't like the bench seating and reminded her of the rear seats of a taxi (esp. the black leather we test drove). She didn't think it was luxurious enough for a car this price. We ended up going with Grey leather without the upgraded interior. Few days ago I showed her pics of these new executive rear seats and she instantly wanted it. I wasn't keen on losing the middle seat and the inability to fold down the seats (I'm not sure if this is the case, but I assume they don't fold down) while paying more at the same time. But in the end, she won out so I called Gavin at Tesla today and asked if we could upgrade it. He says we most likely can, but will have to confirm it today as our car is very near production. It's set for Late March delivery so far. Don't know if this change will push it into April. I maybe one of the early batch to receive the rear executive seats if I can get my configuration changed. Will update you guys on it as I get more info.