Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New exterior color offerings for the 2014 model year?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bet they will bring a couple new ones on-line with the Model X rollout, maybe a sig color for it and 1-2 shared new colors. I wouldn't expect them to stray too far from the current color family though, so don't expect anything like the Orange we saw a month or so ago.

NOTHING is going to make me reconsider my multicoat red, but Tesla could use some color options. The green, brown, and blue are so very dark that they look nearly black. They are definitely elegant, but . . . Ca'mon Tesla, let's see some cool colors!

More options are always nice, though I doubt they'd tie it to a model year, seeing as how they don't really do model years...just change things up when they wan to...but the brown IMHO doesn't look "nearly black" at all. (My car's brown. ;-) ) I mean unless you're looking at it it in a dark alley without moonlight, at least. ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

IMHO the green and and blue are quite dark, but it's been a while since I've seen them; I recall the blue looking very close to black, but not the green. Many pix I've seen online are very misleading, frequently due to poor lighting or poor camera, or sometimes just an inexperienced photographer...no offense, anyone reading this, I'm sure I don't mean you.... ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. I'm a sucky photographer!

they need a brighter blue... something along this line...

05-azure-blue.jpg

Colors like those are acceptable on a sports car, motorcycle, wrangler, etc. but I think on a car as classy looking as the model S and given its average demographics it would likely be that these sorts of colors would find a ton of thumbs up from people, but very little actual takers. I think more low key color variations are likely the way forward. I could see a different blue, red, gray, etc, but not a bright green, yellow, etc. at the end of the day most sensible buyers would see it like marrying the hot crazy party animal girl. Seems like it would be fun for a few weeks, but it would get old pretty quick and you would be wishing you married silver, I mean the girl who can carry a conversation and has the same long term goals as you!