Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Exterior Colors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whats up with no new colors?

I own a 2013 model S

They have gotten rid of some colors but now it seems they have not done anything new in a long time.

Is it very expensive to add new exterior colors to the painting process?

The silver color is a bit bland compared to other luxury auto makers silver. I know a good silver is expensive but lots would pay for it.

I remember the days when you could get a car in one of about 20 to 30 colors.

Now, you just buy it black and get it wrapped if you want something that isn't red, white, black, silver or grey. Some manufacturers (including Tesla) throw in a blue hue too.

Reactions: Acho
There was a brief period during which you could get yer Model S painted whatever color you wanted for an extra $16K iirc.

Not many availed themselves of the opportunity. Presumably because one could wrap their chariot for half the price at the time.

It would be nice if they at least brought back the titanium (think champagne if you’ve not seen one in the wild) and perhaps the green or maybe a British racing green variant.

Street after street, pretty much what one sees these days is a neverending sea of black white grey silver with the occasional red car for flavor.

Meh.

Reactions: dgpcolorado