TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Fast Charger, Blacksburg, VA

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by muleferg, Oct 17, 2015.

1. muleferg

muleferg Member

2. glenhurst

glenhurst Member

Cool! I suspect the unnamed car company that made a donation that made getting the charger possible was Nissan. In fact, the donation may have been the charger, as some other sites with these Signet 50kw chargers have reported Nissan essentially donating the charger.

3. Drucifer

Drucifer Active Member

Last time I was there, there was a HPWC at the Holiday Inn. Blacksburg, with VA Tech, has a lot of EV infrastructure for a small town.

4. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

Cool. I drive past there to is it friends in Roanoke, so now there is an extra option. I love the proliferation of charging stations!

5. Drucifer

Drucifer Active Member

The HPWC is a good 6-8 miles off the interstate - quick drive on via a limited access road (US460), but not right on the highway

6. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

If you're talking about the Holiday Inn on Prices Fork, it's gone. They've demolished the hotel. It's crazy how much construction is going on around Blacksburg.