Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Fast Chargers (Non-Tesla) Under Construction Along I-44 in Fenton, Missouri

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A big travel center called Wally's is under construction along I-44 in Fenton, Missouri. According to our local news, it'll have six DC fast chargers and will be open in 2022. I drive by the construction every day, and it's pretty huge. Looking at Plugshare, the only other Wally's in Pontiac, Illinois, uses Tritium CCS and Chademo chargers, with Tesla adapters available to borrow in the store.

Here's the company's website: Home of the Great American Road Trip | Wally's

Might be a nice option for long stops during an extended roadtrip, with a lot of travel conveniences in one place. This is between the Superchargers in Collinsville, IL, and Rolla, MO, splitting the 120 mile distance between them and providing an alternative to leaving I-44 to hit some of the other Superchargers in the St Louis area. It's nice to see the chargers going into a new travel center, and I bet in 20 years the ratio of EV chargers to fuel pumps will be wildly different than it is when the Wally's opens next year.

44/270 is an area where EV chargers are much needed. A few years ago Tesla had that area marked as a future charger spot, but built in Mehlville instead. I plan on using that Wally's charger when I go on road trips through that area.

Reactions: Baluchi
I stopped and tried my CCS adapter here today. Successfully charged, Maxed at about 58 kw. I did log this and plug share and think I'm the first Tesla to successfully charge here... Or at least the first one to put it in plug share. I can provide details about the charge and cost if anyone cares.
PXL_20220526_213208714.jpg

Reactions: mitchapalooza3
My chademo adapter keeps failing at that location (works at many other chademo locations locally). Somewhat surprised that the CCS adapter works. Im just sitting here waiting for Tesla to officially release it here (with a retrofit for my older model 3).

Reactions: Baluchi
My chademo adapter keeps failing at that location (works at many other chademo locations locally). Somewhat surprised that the CCS adapter works. Im just sitting here waiting for Tesla to officially release it here (with a retrofit for my older model 3).
I think I've seen your Plugshare comments. Not sure why it doesn't work. If you're not already doing so, try creating a Francis Energy account and initiating the charge through the app.