TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

New Featur Request: Text Plug-In Reminder

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Nrk7001, Nov 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Nrk7001

Nrk7001 Member

Not sure if this has been addressed here, but thought it would be a cool idea if, when your car is parked in the garage, and you forget to plug it in (perhaps during certain times or after certain length of time) that the app would notify you to remind you to plug in your Tesla before you go to bed. Text message would be ideal, but I would imagine notification alerts within the Tesla app would be an easier add on. Its very rare this happens to me, but the few times it has, it has been a real inconvenience.

• Like x 1
  2. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Great idea. It took me quite some time to get into the habit. But I finally did since the cord is now literally hanging in my way when I walk past the rear of the car!

3. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

I use a IFTTT recipe tied to my Google account calendar to send me an notification that reminds me. Works great.

• Like x 1
  4. tliving

tliving Member

EVTripping.com, along with the road trip planning it does, allows you to connect your car for monitoring. One of the things it monitors is if your car is plugged in at the hour you specify daily and emails you if the car isn't plugged in when you think it should. I get emails at 10pm if my car isn't plugged in which has saved me a few times.

Hopefully one day Tesla will add these kinds of reminders to their own apps/systems.

• Like x 1
  5. wamochi

wamochi Member

+1 this would be fantastic

i would imagine it's going to arrive in the newest app update next month!

6. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

Too late, @SG57 has just built this into his app. Bonus: App can be set to honk the horn as well as message you.

• Like x 1
  7. SG57

SG57 Vendor

Thanks for the plug @supratachophobia !

Dashboard for Tesla supports Plug-In Reminder, Camper Mode, Cabin Temperature Protection, Speed clocking and many other specialized features not found anywhere else.

Disclaimer: I am the developer.

[​IMG]

8. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

Disclaimer: I am *not* the developer. Hell, I accidentally pad twice for the app. You should try this app, seriously.

• Like x 1
  9. theslimshadyist

theslimshadyist NashVegas!

@SG57 Do you plan to develop an IOS version in the near future? I have both an iPhone 7+ and a Google Pixel XL, would be nice to be able to use one app across 2 different platforms.

• Like x 1
  10. SG57

SG57 Vendor

#10 SG57, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    @theslimshadyist , thanks for your time, an iOS build is on the roadmap for the future, but I have a list of great ideas in mind I want to see realized on Android before I commit effort to expanding to another platform. In due time!

• Informative x 1
  11. JPUConn

JPUConn Member

Had this pop up on the screen (not to my phone which would have been nice) after parking at my home garage tonight.

Battery was 19% and its cold out so the extra heads up to plug in was a nice to have.

The car knows my calendar for tomorrow (I have everything in there including commute home) and say I had a 50% SOC would alert me that I should charge based on the planned driving.

IMG_8432.JPG

• Like x 1