TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

New Feature: Best Posts

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by danny, Dec 30, 2016.

1. danny

danny Administrator

Please check out a new feature we have been working on. At the moment we are calling it 'Best Posts' though the name may change. You can access it here: Most Liked Posts | Tesla Motors Club

We will be updating the post lists UI a bit and also intend to move the banner ad up next to the breadcrumb to save space, so do expect some changes in the coming week(s).

Basically you can view the highest rated posts and filter based on rating type and date range. Also, just like "What's New", it remembers the last filter combination you looked at if you navigate away and then hit the "Best Posts" link in the 2nd Navbar (as long as you are logged in).

Please provide feedback and report any bugs.

Thanks.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.34 2448cfc

Neat. I notice that the post count at the bottom of each page is wrong:

3. danny

danny Administrator

So I guess it should be "Showing results 1 to 20 of 20"

• Like x 1
  4. mkjayakumar

mkjayakumar Active Member

Can you subscribe to the 'Most liked' so that when a post has enough Likes and makes into this list I can get an alert?

I noticed I made it to the top on one of those -:)

5. danny

danny Administrator

At the moment no, though it's a worthwhile suggestion.

• Like x 1
  6. rabar10

rabar10 FFE until Model 3

Just re-discovered the 'date range' part of @danny 's first post -- there's a Time Filter option on the right-hand side in the Best Posts section. So you can quickly review the most liked/helpful/informative post made today, or over the last week or the last 30 days etc.

And this Time Filter 'sticks' as you switch between the categories. Nice!

7. danny

danny Administrator

So the one downside to this feature, is that it gets a bit overwhelmed by certain threads in the TSLA Investor section. We are considering tweaking it to solve that issue, and also adding another 20 results (40 total) instead of the current 20. But we haven't gone ahead yet as it's a lower priority, and we need to see to what extent users are using and enjoying it.