Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

new feature? passenger temp control auto-enabled when passenger sensed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
maybe I'm late to the game, but ever since the UI rewrite it seemed my passenger temp control would randomly appear and disappear (I typically keep it synced). then I started noticing the passenger one was only there when my wife was in the passenger seat, and since she's always fiddling with it, I just assumed she split-moded when I wasn't looking. next day when it's just me again it's back off. then i noticed it appeared again when my daughter was riding with me, and she never fusses with the controls. It looks like it senses the passenger in the seat? After dropping her off, it disappeared again. It does stay synced though; changing the temp on one side changes both. I guess someone figured it's still nice to give the passenger a control so they don't have to reach over, but they still need to enable split mode. I'd rather it work like my Lexus - if the passenger side is changed, it auto-puts it in split mode and changes just the passenger side.