Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[New Feature] Update downloading over LTE now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

user212_nr

Aug 26, 2019
US
0D2B3D5E-50FB-49AF-8459-875D7E10F781.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Gasaraki
Figure that they want as many cars on this new version before they push out the next big update...

Kind of figure that V11 would be coming very soon, unless they are holding it back for a few more FSD beta releases before they push it out...

My MCU crashed when I put the car in park, just before updating.

Looking at teslafi TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker they seem to be doing quite a bit of cleaning up of those older versions, especially 48.26 and 48.30, and I see 48.35 is already almost totally replaced by 48.35.5.

The only older version holding its ground is 2020.48.12.1

48.35 is in the "advanced" update sequence. 48.26 is the last in the "standard" sequence. Advanced owners probably mostly are on wifi.

I think its a little early to have cleaned up anything, as it is mid-day and the installs must be scheduled or manually applied.

Yeah, mine pulled it down over LTE last night. I turned off my WiFi as soon as I saw the vids of the 'holiday update'. Now I have to cancel the install every time I get in. Gonna hold onto 48.12.1 as long as I can, but they will probably force install it soon :(