Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New feature updates for the app??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm wondering how frequently Tesla updates the app with new features? I just got the car last Monday so I'm wondering. While I think it's nearly perfect, there are a few things I'd like to see added. I'm on Android.

1. Under the persistent notification which currently shows lock, front trunk and rear trunk toggles (quicker than going into the app), I'd like to see them add "vent" for the windows. And of course if they are already vented it would show "close", just like inside the app itself. I use that toggle a lot.

2. Access to dashcam & sentry footage within the app, with the added ability to stream live footage to the phone during a triggered "event". Also the ability to just see a live view, like my Ring floodlight :D

Not sure if #2 is even possible, but it would be really awesome.

I'm wondering how frequently Tesla updates the app with new features? I just got the car last Monday so I'm wondering. While I think it's nearly perfect, there are a few things I'd like to see added. I'm on Android.

1. Under the persistent notification which currently shows lock, front trunk and rear trunk toggles (quicker than going into the app), I'd like to see them add "vent" for the windows. And of course if they are already vented it would show "close", just like inside the app itself. I use that toggle a lot.

2. Access to dashcam & sentry footage within the app, with the added ability to stream live footage to the phone during a triggered "event". Also the ability to just see a live view, like my Ring floodlight :D

Not sure if #2 is even possible, but it would be really awesome.

#2 is "possible" but 100% not happening because Tesla doesn't want to pay for the data cost for streaming video.

In answer to your general question, the app does get updates occasionally, but far less often than the car does.

• Informative
Reactions: Siciliano