Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New features arriving for Model Y in 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I talked with a customer expierence manager a few days ago and we swapped out my car (MY LR) for a new one. She went through all the build dates before attaching me to one so it would have the latest features. The build date is 3/16 and was at the rail yard in Denver this morning. I’m picking it up late in the afternoon on 3/26. She mentioned it had the new headlights.

I should be able to say for sure if LR’s will have the new headlights soon

What’s the deal with the new headlights anyways? I’ve read that they are better spec’ed and meets EU regulation but what exactly does it do? How is it different?
I have a 3/19 build (VIN 1579XX) MY LR AWD straight from factory to my home (on 3/21) and it has "old" headlights. Anything built before that will be the same. When it will change if ever, is anybody's guess. The lights, btw are perfectly usable. They're better than most cars. Suggest you all just take it as it comes.

Talked to my CEM earlier today and he said that the new headlights are an MYP exclusive and there are no plans for them to trickle down to other models. As always, take it with a grain of salt, but this guy has always been pretty on point.

I talked with a customer expierence manager a few days ago and we swapped out my car (MY LR) for a new one. She went through all the build dates before attaching me to one so it would have the latest features. The build date is 3/16 and was at the rail yard in Denver this morning. I’m picking it up late in the afternoon on 3/26. She mentioned it had the new headlights.

I should be able to say for sure if LR’s will have the new headlights soon
My car (same spec) was built 3/23 and I’d doesn’t have the new lights. The rep you spoke to was 100% wrong. Sorry to inform you. You are 100% getting the “old” headlights.

Confirm that Model Y LR and LR with Performance upgrade have original headlights that just arrived here 3/26. The Full Performance had the larger red brake calipers, and new headlights. I also saw one M3 with the newer headlights but didn't look to see if it was performance trim. I asked my sales adviser and he confirmed the current policy is only full Performance MY, not the Performance upgrade or LR would have the new lights. But as always policy can change without notice.

I was really only interested in the new center console with the sliding door so this looks to be consistent now.

My car (same spec) was built 3/23 and I’d doesn’t have the new lights. The rep you spoke to was 100% wrong. Sorry to inform you. You are 100% getting the “old” headlights.
How long did you wait for your MY LR after ordering?

I ordered one yesterday and looked on the inventory pages all over the nation and the only one I saw, White with B&W interior was in Los Angeles. I doubt they would ship that one here. I wonder why these are so scarce? Plenty of Performance versions and special wheels but I don't want to pay for that trim.

How long did you wait for your MY LR after ordering?

I ordered one yesterday and looked on the inventory pages all over the nation and the only one I saw, White with B&W interior was in Los Angeles. I doubt they would ship that one here. I wonder why these are so scarce? Plenty of Performance versions and special wheels but I don't want to pay for that trim.
My vehicle arrived exactly one week after I placed the order.

Reactions: TravelFree
It’s going to be interesting when and if they will bring the hepa filter/bioweapon defense to the Y here in the US instead of China.
I've been waiting for exactly this. Normally, I'm not a waiter for this sorts of non-guaranteed features but I feel like they'll roll it out early in Q2. Kinda crazy to have so many different parts for HVAC between US and China models.