Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Federal IZEV - does M3 SR+ qualify again?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn't sound like it...

"Unless Tesla brings back a software locked and range limited Model 3, the entry level Rear-Wheel Drive Model 3 will still not qualify under the new rules."

Upvote 0
I purchased my M3LR back in February, car is priced at $66,880, less the $1,280 PDI comes to $65,600.

Does that mean I am $600 over the rebate requirement lol? But I am not sure, even if it was $600 less, would orders placed before April 25th be eligible?
no, this takes affect after 25 April 2022. but yes you are over the threshold of the 65k limit, but also there isn't a Model 3 currently below the 55k threshold that allows the 65k to be considered. It used to be 45k with a top end of 55k, which i managed to use with my SR+ back in Sept.

Reactions: cdswm3
Upvote 0
Ordered MY in Oct last year with base price of $54,900 (excluding LR, FSD, white interior, 20" wheels) and will be taking delivery on Apr 30 - will I be eligible?
LR is not an option. It was a different model so it does not qualify.

Currently no Tesla's qualify. Even the M3 SR+ models ordered before the price increase above 55K no longer qualify.

• Disagree
Reactions: Murky-Article
Upvote 0
LR is not an option. It was a different model so it does not qualify.

Currently no Tesla's qualify. Even the M3 SR+ models ordered before the price increase above 55K no longer qualify.
I think the confusion is based on how the Tesla website shows the price breakdown. I attached mine for reference.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 1.16.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 1.16.18 PM.png
    109.2 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 0
With the expanded IZEV eligibility criteria for cars at $65k does this mean SR+ will now re-qualify for federal $5k rebate?

TIA

Not according to Tesla

• Up to $5,000 rebate for individuals purchasing vehicles with a base MSRP* under $45,000 before including delivery centre fees. Trims of the same Model qualify up to MSRP* $55,000 before delivery centre fees.
  • Eligible orders placed prior to the price change on November 23, 2021, are expected to remain eligible, conditional on program funding and customers meeting all other eligibility criteria.
  • For details regarding customer/program eligibility and the treatment of Tesla orders placed prior to the price change on November 23, 2021, please visit the Transport Canada website on November 24.

Reactions: cdswm3
Upvote 0