Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Fees Proposed for LADWP Solar Customers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings,

Just got the following from Tesla. I am in LADWP territory, and have had solar for the last 14 years (3.5 kW system). I have to re-roof (starting Mon.), and will be getting a 8.16 kW and 2 Powerwalls to replace the old system. So, this fee increase might affect me, and some others on this forum.

Regards,

GHTech

The link is :Stop the LADWP Solar Fee | Solar Rights Alliance

The text of the email is:

Hello,

We are writing to let you know that your electric utility (LADWP) is currently considering significant new fees that could impact you if you are planning on installing a new solar PV system, expanding an existing system, or adding battery storage to your existing system.

The new fees for interconnecting behind-the-meter solar and storage would range from $900 to $4,500, depending on the size of the system. For comparison, neighboring utilities SCE and PG&E charge only $75 and $145, respectively to do the same interconnection work. Customers who previously installed solar and choose to expand or add storage to their system would also be subject to these fees, just like a new customer.

Although LADWP voted to approve the new fees last summer, the utility has not yet started imposing them and may issue a revised fee schedule in the coming months. The Solar Rights Alliance has started a petition asking LADWP and the Los Angeles Mayor’s office to reduce the new fees, so that they are closer to those of other utilities. You can join in asking LADWP & the Mayor’s office not to charge solar customers excessive fees by signing the petition below.

Reactions: Misterbee