TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New floor mats for the Model X

Discussion in 'Model X' started by dhelmly, Sep 2, 2016.

1. dhelmly

dhelmly Member

Just a heads up that I received my Model X floor mats from Amazon and Topline today and they fit and look great. Here's a link to the 6 seater and they also make a 7 seater version. Shipping took 4 days.

Amazon Link for 246.99 for complete set for Model X.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KWXAZLI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Link for Model S
    https://www.amazon.com/Topfit-Customized-Floor-Tesla-Model/dp/B0172UYRS6

1 - the quality and look are really great for the price. I have WeatherTech in our VAN no question these Topfit mats are better suited for the over all look of a Tesla as the waterproof stitched/quilted FAUX leather material looks and feels pretty tough - but only time will tell . The price is also more in line from some of the other mats I've seen. I'd rather buy another set of mats in 3-5 years and I'll still be ahead of the other prices.

2 - As you'll see, they also cover the sides and use rotating clips that neatly fit under the edge of the console and really hold it in place. Great design.

3 - they also sent some unexpected useful extras (4) a nice Key Fob protector for the Model X and a 17" screen protector,and a unit skid ask mat to hold your cell phone or other things in place. They have a thoughtful "I'll be back in a few hours " charging indicator.

4. I talked to the company via Amazon to ask about colors and so on. Very responsive and so far only available in Black. The Model S has a few other color choices so you might be able to ask them for a different color .

Attached Files:

• Helpful x 2
  2. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

With the rain returning with what seems like an early, unappreciated, regularity here in the PNW I need to get something in there quick!

Cheers!

3. sweslac

sweslac New Member

I was thinking of buying them while in the states and flying home with them... Would these fit in a large suitcase? Weird question I know, but an answer would be super helpful!

4. CincyMX

CincyMX Member

Does it include their cargo liners for the front and rear trunk?

5. DougH

DougH Active Member

#5 DougH, Sep 4, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
    Those mats are way too busy.

I'd probably have a seizure sitting in an X with them :confused:

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  6. Beantown Trio

Beantown Trio Member

Thank you so much for posting this. Been looking all over for some nice mats. Do you know if they have the frunk and back trunk mats well?

7. Sri Kooturu

Sri Kooturu Member

I have them as well. They look and feel luxurious. I don't think they have those for trunk and frunk

8. mspisars

mspisars Member

9. dhelmly

dhelmly Member

• Love x 1
  10. Joer293

Joer293 MODEL X P100DL

How do they do with cleaning? Easy to remove, or just wipe clean? Vacuum, etc. I'm looking for something dog hair and baby mess will clean easy.

11. earlyretirement

earlyretirement Model X 90D

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought.

12. number12

number12 Member

13. zackaton

zackaton Member

14. EV_Coast2Coast

EV_Coast2Coast New Member

15. blackXblack

blackXblack Member

I have those too. Just put them in. Had them on my office floor for a few days to air out the strong smell as well as having them flatten out a bit. Fits good. Sorry for the unprofessional pic. I'll try to post some better ones later. IMG_3837.JPG

16. Joer293

Joer293 MODEL X P100DL

I saw those mats, and didn't like that they are missing side protection like the old weathertec model S oem mats. I've ordered the top fit mats. Worst case if I made a mistake and they look too busy, I'll eBay them to someone else.

I would've just done an oem weathertec if Tesla had it available. It is odd 1 year, 20,000 vehicles sold and no mat options? I do find it strange Tesla doesn't even have the annual service plan for Model X yet.

17. Sri Kooturu

Sri Kooturu Member

I have topfit. People feel that it might look busy in pictures. Everyone who sat in my car were impressed. They look and feel luxurious on part with the car

• Like x 1
  18. travwill

travwill Member

I have the ToughPRO for now, installed a couple days ago. They do fit well overall, are pretty basic, and should help in wet/snowy dirty weather. They are still not like the WeatherTech liners, but those are not available yet. When they are, if ever, I will likely still upgrade to the WT liners as those are like large cups, at least in the front seats that get a lot more use. The ToughPro set was pretty cheap I'd say at $300 on Amazon, and it came with a frunk mat, small trunk mat, and large trunk mat - those 3 should all come in handy.

I didn't really notice any smell on the ones I got, maybe they were not as freshly made and aired out some before shipping...

Either way, happy with them for now. Seem like best option until WT comes out with something. Can take some pics in daytime of them all when get a chance...

19. Joer293

Joer293 MODEL X P100DL

Maybe you did what I did. I had the air conditioner on, windows up (not full bioweapon). I was dissapointed there was no "new car smell". I had been looking forward to that smell for months, and nothing. Later on she turns to me and switches off the hvac. Wow, it really was a new car. Tesla wasn't kidding on that carbon hepa filter. It works, even when you don't really want it to.

Is it strange I'm excited, about wanting to drive out to a chicken farm, and smell if I can smell anything?

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  20. DuplexDianne

DuplexDianne Member

Reminds me of a bubble jacket...I think I'd feel like I'm stepping on clothes...