Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New floor mats for the Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3 - they also sent some unexpected useful extras (4) a nice Key Fob protector for the Model X and a 17" screen protector,and a unit skid ask mat to hold your cell phone or other things in place. They have a thoughtful "I'll be back in a few hours " charging indicator. .

I ordered only key fob covers - Red and Black.. got 9 surprise gifts as well, excellent customer service Received a thank you card stating that the owner of TOPFIT has a "S' 85D and a huge Tesla fan .

Attachments

• 20160930_220640.jpg
    20160930_220640.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 227
  • 20160930_220911.jpg
    20160930_220911.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 192
  • 20160930_220936.jpg
    20160930_220936.jpg
    779.7 KB · Views: 203
Reactions: ModelX
So the top fit floor mats arrived, with the extra gifts. I do like the floor mats. High quality fake leather, like pleather in an Acura or Lexus. Thick, with some cushion. The dark color of the quilt pattern makes it blend with my black seats better. No VOC smell at all. Time will tell how they hold up during the salt, snow and mud. I wanted a mat that covered the sides of the footwell, like the model S weathertec does. These do the trick, easy clean, more grip and protective. My dog won't slide on these either like weather tec.

The silicon keyfob is nice, but I wonder about people who need a screen protector, Is AT&T service that bad people punch their Tesla screens that often? I suppose an unlucky person will get the pink selfie stick this Christmas from me. The alcohol screen wipes are now in the trash. And the wholesale waybill still inside. While I expected the US profit markup to be high, it always hurts to see the true cost in china. $281.99 Amazon -> $20 wholesale. I'm sure shipping wasn't $260, that's a hefty profit for those entrepreneurs. Good for them. The new American dream, do nothing make money.

Ok, is it time for everyone to start bugging their SC (or anyone at Tesla) for news on the weathertech mats? My SC has no info. Winter is coming!

It's up to WeatherTech mainly and seems like they won't release this year. Maybe next year if at all as X isn't a high volume car still.

We just got the ToughPro set for now and they should do. Not quite as deep as the WT liners but better than carpet and rest I've seen so far.

I'm not particularly impressed with any of the mats currently available for the MX. The better option appears to look like some sort of quilted Naugahyde. I don't really want my floor to look like some sort of cheap quilted fake leather sofa out of a bordello, but at least it appears to provide side coverage. The lesser option is just some laser-cut flat industrial rubber mat. Both of these would be better than nothing, but neither look to be a very attractive solution...

I've been talking to the folks at Weather Tech for several months now. They keep telling me their MX floor liners are almost ready. They are also telling me that Tesla will have exclusive sales rights to the mats for the first year (you won't be able to get them directly from WT). Anyway, as of yesterday, they told me the mats are now finished and should show up in the Tesla store "within a couple of weeks".

tick-tock, tick-tock...
Winter is coming...
If Tesla doesn't start selling mats in a week or two, I'm going to have to make my X look like a bordello's fake-leather sofa (Naugahyde quilted floor).

My concern in getting the Top Fit Mats is that it may interfere with the velco-like pads. If the Weather Tech mats make use of the velco-like pads, then I can't have both solutions and the Top Fit mats will take up valuable space in my garage.

I installed Lloyd's rubber mats in my X and they look great! Highly recommend!

Lloyd's Rubbertite Mats for Tesla Model X
I seem to have the same tastes as @evanevery. Would prefer something a little more custom fitting and better looking than the Lloyds and a little less gaudy than the Top Fit. But overall, I prefer the Top Fit over the Lloyds because of the added protection (more coverage).

Most important part is that they are somehow changing 6/7 seat options because they only work on the newest cars
I think you might have it backwards. It looks like the mats are only compatible with the majority of already built/older X's. From the description of rear 6 config mat:

Tesla site said:
THIS MAT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MODEL X VEHICLES THAT HAVE A VIN GREATER THAN F022381

The more recent X's (if I get this correctly) remain mat-less.

I think you might have it backwards. It looks like the mats are only compatible with the majority of already built/older X's. From the description of rear 6 config mat:

The more recent X's (if I get this correctly) remain mat-less.
Truth.

Same point though. Wonder if there will be a folding flat 6/7 option. Which would make sense.

Question for those who went with the Topline mats - are those any good for locations with wet weather? The material doesn't look all that durable.
I assume you mean the TopFit mats. They look really nice. They also come with an extra carpet for driver and passenger area that isn't mentioned or shown in the Amazon description (at least mine did). They are thick and seem very durable, but I've only had them for a few weeks and they haven't experienced salt and snow yet. I may change my mind at the end of the winter season.
TjAXTar.jpg

TopFit Mats with extra carpet (similar to one's provided by Tesla).
T49pWyu.jpg

Kept in place by 2 twist-lock attachment points just below passenger seat.
ivRm9fZ.jpg

Bottom of mat is a very thick rubber undercoating.

I hope this helps.