Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New floor mats- Thoughts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was checking out floor mats on Amazon and saw some interesting ones that I like the design and could possibly use all year round, what do you guys think? Should I get the one with or without "grass"? I think black would be best, wish they had blue though. It's from China, only saw one review but it was a good review.

Amazon.com: Topfit Car Floor Mat with Grass for Tesla Model S (Black): Automotive

Amazon.com: Topfit Customized Car Floor Mat for Tesla Model S (Black): Automotive

Amazon.com: Topfit Front and Rear Trunk Mat for Tesla P85d 85d 70d (Square 2 of Set): Automotive

If you like the design it's hard to argue with that. From a function/value standpoint though, I'd push you to consider the WeatherTech mats. They are super durable, made in the USA and they have a structure and outer wall that can retain spills, mud and snowmelt. Because they are a rubber-like hard plastic, they also vacuum and wipe down easily. We use them year round. I realize the aesthetic may be less desirable but just wanted to make sure they're on your radar: 2015 Tesla Model S WeatherTech Automotive Accessories | WeatherTech.com

OP, be aware that some people are reporting problems in at least one other TMC thread (I'll let you do that search) with 3rd Party Weathertech mats not fitting correctly on the rear seat floor. IIRC, from those people with the problem, it appears the Weathertech templates don't handle the floor rails on more recent front Next Gen seats properly, so the mats bunch up in the back around at least one of the rails on both sides of the center console. You may want to quadruple-check with "Topfit" that their mats are specifically designed for your MS and the seats you have.

Personally, I'm happy with the Tesla All-Weather mats I installed the day I brought my MS home. They'll be in place all year, as long as I own my new MS. Like robby's comments on the Weathertech versions, the Tesla versions (made by Weathertech) are simple to clean, look good, and unlike all others, have a Tesla logo to-boot -- oh, and with a little coaching, fit perfectly in the rear with my Next Gen seats. ;) IMHO, it comes down to the esthetic, price, and perhaps amount of slush one design can hold over the other. Good luck with your decision.

I looked at many Tesla Floormats and Gerry at ForMyTesla.com has a wonderful set with just about any kind of logo or custom embroidery you may want.

He makes the D and pre-D frunk mats, as well.

Really nice work.... he has an extenive gallery of designs he has done for the S.

They look really nice to me too... I just ordered a set (black with dark grey trim) for my new car!

I will report back on my experiences. the ordering process was quick and simple with me asking a flurry of questions.

FYI, a gallery of samples can be found here.

I just got them today and they are great, I was the first to review on Amazon here is my review and pics :)

These are great for all weather for the Tesla! Looks and feels like high quality leather, the design (black with red stitching) looks great, it covers a wide area, it has little discs on the sides to slide under the plastic Tesla floor walls and the 'grass' i.e. normal type of mats can easily be taken out to clean and clasped back in again. It takes a little effort to fit it all well but thats because the floor side walls of the Tesla don't always have a plastic piece with a gap to slide it under so they couldn't make it a perfect fit.

Also they gave me some awesome free gifts (maybe cause I was one of the first purchasers) like memory foam headrest pillows that are perfect for the Tesla (I use in the gap to rest my neck), 2 Tesla key covers, a phone selfie stand & apple keyboard overlay :)

1130151749.jpg

1130151750a.jpg

1130151827.jpg

1130152142.jpg

1130152143.jpg

1130152209.jpg

1130152211b.jpg

1130152211c.jpg

I bought a set of the Tesla Weather Techs that are still in the Box. Got them on day one at the Dealership when I picked up the car. I'm torn between installing them or just giving the away to somebody (or selling them). My stock mats don't really nearly as dirty/muddy as I thought they would.

Nice looking mats. I don't care for the orange/red stitching... wish they offered gray or black stitching as an option... but I really like the texture.

Lol - why the heck do you have jumper cables in your trunk!?

They have 4 colors, maybe you'd like the grey one with grey stitching better? The cables are from my last car lol, I assume they cant be used with Tesla? Never thought about it :p

Rear Lloyd Mats Do Not Fit Newer Model S

OP, be aware that some people are reporting problems in at least one other TMC thread (I'll let you do that search) with 3rd Party Weathertech mats not fitting correctly on the rear seat floor......
The problem reports I've seen refer to rear Lloyd Mats not fitting properly; and I'm sad to report the issue has not yet been fixed by the Lloyd Mats Company:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/54419-Lloyd-Luxe-mat-issue/page2?p=1229924#post1229924

Compared to those the TopFit actually do fit really well and cover more area than any of those, it has tall side walls, covers the left foot angled footrest that the weathertech leaves bare, has a strip that goes on the floor to the side of the seat and even wraps up the sidewalls in the rear seats too. If the center console was standard I'm sure they would've covered the side of that too but they had to make it short on thats side for the yacht floor. Here are more pics so you can see the depth better:

1130151750.jpg

1130152142.jpg

Here is a pic of the driver side mat from ForMyTesla.com. Sorry the lighting is so hard to get right...

He can do pretty much whatever design or message you want in many different colors. This is black with tan trim as I have tan seats.

View attachment 103676
Here is the back one.
View attachment 103678
Those are beautiful. I have a similar set with just the T logo in front. Tell us about that Dead Pedal? Is that from Gerry at ForMyTesla.com ? How does it attach? Really nice pedal for the P cars!

Last edited:
Here is a pic of the driver side mat from ForMyTesla.com. Sorry the lighting is so hard to get right...

He can do pretty much whatever design or message you want in many different colors. This is black with tan trim as I have tan seats.

View attachment 103676
Here is the back one.
View attachment 103678

Love your mats! How do you like them now that you've had them awhile? And where did you get your replacement pedals? LOVE THEM!!!

Love your mats! How do you like them now that you've had them awhile? And where did you get your replacement pedals? LOVE THEM!!!
Since Jennifer has not replied yet to your question... I have also had the ForMyTesla Custom Floor Mats for nearly as long as she has. They are top-of-the line quality-wise; holding up very well after more than a year; have not matted as some cheaper run-of-the-mill floor mats tend to do in the same time; the rear seat mat fits PERFECTLY around the front seat posts unlike some (be sure to specify what seats you have when ordering); and Jerry's customer service can't be beat if you have a special request or requirement. While some are jumping in here with other options, I couldn't beat being able to customize these mats just they way I wanted them -- from mat color, edging color, and custom embroidery that's different on front and back (including an optional Tesla "T" if that is you desire, which most other mfgrs cannot provide). These mats are more expensive than other off-the-shelf varieties, but then, so is our MS compared to most other luxury sedans. IMHO you get what you pay for with these, so if you want a set of mats that not everyone else has for your MS (or MX), these custom mats can be a great choice. Highly recommended.

I also have the set of floor pedals from ForMyTesla, including the not-as-often-seen matching dead pedal, which honestly is my favorite of the set since it makes keeping that area so much easier to clean. The dead pedal and accelerator pedals are a cinch to install. The brake pedal takes a bit more time to ensure it fits properly as you work it around, but once it's on, it is there is stay unless you intentionally decided to remove it one day. Again, highly recommended for any owner that wants another bit of custom or performance look -- for me, in my "non-performance" lowly MS 90D. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: pslawing