TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New flurry of roadsters for sale

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by bart513, Feb 22, 2015.

1. bart513

bart513 Member

Thanks to TEG et al there seems to be a flurry of beautiful 1.5 Roadsters for sale. SIG #55, Founders #8. Any ideas why all of a sudden? is it the announcement of the soon to be released, yet to be released 3.0 upgrades?

2. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

I think the 3.0 upgrade is helping and prices have firmed and even gone up. So now is a better time to sell.

3. supersnoop

supersnoop Tesla Roadster #334

Three is a "flurry?" There always seem to be 3 to 8 on the market at any given time.

4. stevejust

stevejust Pati ≡nc ≡

#4 stevejust, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
    I see #55 on Ebay with a buy it now at $62k...? Where's #8 listed?

Edit: Nevermind, checked for sale here in the TMC forum.

5. slcasner

slcasner Member

#5 slcasner, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
    That makes me sad. My #33 is good friends with #44 and #55.

IMG_0581.jpg

6. bart513

bart513 Member

It's like when you were in grade school and a good friend moved away because his parents/caretakers got a job in a different town/state......

7. PokerBroker

PokerBroker Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424725988.551431.jpg

I had to move #105 to Minnesota away from his Ohio friends recently too... Sad day!

8. tomas

tomas Traded in 9 rep bars for M3, used to be somebody!

The "elevens" club?

9. slcasner

slcasner Member

Just a convenient coincidence.

10. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

I think some people start looking for a replacement vehicle when their warranty runs out.
    I think the P85D performance is too much for some to resist.

11. PokerBroker

PokerBroker Member

If feels like my Roadster goes in for service all the time... I'm a bit nervous myself about my warranty expiring in 17,000mi... I'm getting a refurb pack this week

12. bart513

bart513 Member

Whats wrong with the original pack?

13. stevejust

stevejust Pati ≡nc ≡

That really doesn't explain #8 being for sale, unless the original owner parted ways with it a while ago and someone picked it up CPO?

I just don't understand why someone with that kind of money would ever part with that car. I mean, Larry Page must have several different residences he could keep it at, so space can't be an issue. And he certainly doesn't need to sell it for the money. And it's not like he's selling it anticipating it will cost too much to upgrade to 3.0 when the battery dies. So why sell it?

I really want to buy #8, but I really don't need more than one Roadster. It's such a conundrum.

14. Curt

Curt Roadster Signature #55

Is the owner of #55 a member here? How well do you know this one? I'm thinking this might be my replacement for the late #76.

15. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Yes, "billarnett" has been posting here: Signature Green Roadster 55 for sale

I know he is the original owner, and the car has always been based in the SF bay area. Signature green is an exclusive color.

16. cb531

cb531 Member

I just listed my 2011 2.5 for sale through Shift Auto in SF. Link below for those interested. The vehicle just underwent its annual maintenance service on Feb 23, 2015 and received a clean bill of health. For what it's worth, Shift asked me to have the service center "score" the vehicle on a 1-10 scale. The exact Tesla service note was as follows: “Performed Roadster courtesy inspection. Technician states that in "HIS OPINION" that this roadster would score a 9.5-10.0 on roadsters he has worked on.”

2011 Tesla Roadster 2.5 Silver

17. andybm3

andybm3 Member

The Roadster is one of my favorite cars and would not think about selling it unless I needed 4 seats. I put 28k mile on #441 (2008 1.5), before picking up #1453 l(2011 2.5 Sport) last April which had 360 miles on it an now has 5k miles and I am loving every minute with it, more so than the 1.5, better seats, suspension, entertainment system ...... I believe these will become classic's, the start truly usable electric revolution, where you don't have to compromise to own an electric car. Having said that prices have firmed up over the past year after a glut of CPO cars on the market for 18 months, nonetheless these are great cars and anyone who buy's one will have a great little sports car.

18. m0rph

m0rph Member

19. supersnoop

supersnoop Tesla Roadster #334

Seems strange that it lists all the external carbon fiber options, but they aren't pictured on the car.