Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Forum Design

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new design threw me for a bit. I first noticed it on my phone, and wow, can actually read the text. Looks great. I understand the comments about all the white space on a notebook/desktop PC, however, not a problem, I can still read the pages.

The navigation was my pet peeve for a few days, until I figured out or read about various how-to's. It's far quicker and fewer forced clicks for some things, e.g., watched unread threads: 1 click for watched page, 1 click (blue dot) jumps right to the unread post. This is after you have gone through your watched lists once and re-read from about mid-Feb (took a bit to understand that...) -- now works like a charm. And watching a new thread is dead easy.

So, all in all, thanks very much to all who had a hand in working out the new system. The key, of course, is handling all those new users once the Model ≡ masses take hold. Eyes on the prize, baby! :)

Attn: Admin/Designers. When I use the search function from my Andriod device, the background for the search box is black and the text I am typing is in a Navy Blue. Almost impossible to read what I am typing in the search box. From my Windows desktop, it is all white background with black text.
Thank you for that @MikeJr74
This will be fixed in next UI update.

The new design looks great. I will use it on mobile now even more as I bookmarked New Posts. Thanks especially for dumping Tapatalk, that's awesome. Everything looks good I have no complaints.

I've been checking in here daily but I had an old bookmark that just gave me a blank white page. i thought the site was still down 'til I realized just a few mins ago I should just type in the main URL again and wow big changes. Good changes.

Reactions: danny
One thing I would like to see is on the alerts, once you've clicked on an alert it should be removed from the alerts listing (at least from the popup listing. I tried using the "read alerts first" method, which works well other than you have to remember where you were. Because every time the alerts message is brought up it goes back to the first alert, that can be a nuisance.

Attn: Admin/Designers. When I use the search function from my Andriod device, the background for the search box is black and the text I am typing is in a Navy Blue. Almost impossible to read what I am typing in the search box. From my Windows desktop, it is all white background with black text.
Black text on gray background on my iPhone. White text here would be beneficial.

I've been actively using taptalk since Dec 2015 and using that software became a daily routine. It was shocking to see no advanced notice that you were pulling the plug on allowing people to use taptalk. Any reason why no advanced notice? I am a very tech savvy person but find using the mobile interface not as quick and easy as using a reader such as taptalk. Surely another solution must exist to allow us to be able to use the forum with another type reader?

Just noticed that the blue dot has become "GO TO FIRST UNREAD". If I command-click that to open in a new tab, it works great.

But if I command-click on the avatar picture, it replaces the current tab. Would be great if the behaviour of the avatar picture link could be the same as that of the "GO TO FIRST UNREAD" link.

@doug My old wiki bookmarks are broken. Example: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showwiki.php?title=REST+API+Tools+and+Apps
Edit: Can Google "site:teslamotorsclub.com showwiki.php" for more examples.
Those are ones I couldn't easily redirect because the guy that coded that wiki plugin didn't use any content IDs. They were a small fraction of our content. Google will catch up eventually.

Like, Tesla soon or actually soon? :p
I mean, it is a Tesla forum, so... kind of have to clarify. If it's Tesla soon then we should just check back in a year or so. ;)
I thought you said you were giving us all 2 weeks off.

Is new rep system starting from scratch or do we get our old points back?
Starting fresh. You had till last Saturday night to redeem your green bars at the prize counter.

Why is everyone a well known poster even though some just came on board a month or two ago?

It's really hard to distinguish between those with a great posting reputation and those who might be slightly new.

We can focus on the name of the poster, but only if you remember that from the old board.....