Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Forum Design

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know how to create tags? I tried searching but none of the posts that came up mentioned the issue I'm having.

When I tried to edit tags for a post, I get an error message saying I'm not allowed to create new tags. If I'm not allowed to edit them, then perhaps the Tags Edit button shouldn't be displayed?

View attachment 174048

I've had the same issue and was wondering the same.

On another note, I get a message that I have insufficient privileges to create a new post in the "Videos" thread even though I have created posts there before (and even after the new forum design). I don't know what I did to lose this privilege or how to get it back.

On another note, I get a message that I have insufficient privileges to create a new post in the "Videos" thread even though I have created posts there before (and even after the new forum design). I don't know what I did to lose this privilege or how to get it back.
No one can make new threads in the Videos, News, Blog, or Wiki forums any more, though you can reply to the threads there. Eventually all the threads in those sections we be absorbed into other sections. If you have a thread with a video, just put in in the relevant forum. Add a "Video" tag if you want. Those sections are legacy due to previous software limitations.

Any idea when the search function that allows a user to see all posts in a selected forum since h/her last visit (without a keyword required) will be implemented? I really miss being able to do that - it saved a lot of time.

Also, still can't post new threads or post a thread from the preview page in the Google Chrome browser.
Not exactly sure what you're talking about with either of those.

Not exactly sure what you're talking about with either of those.
With the previous version of this forum, one could go to Advanced Search and select "show posts since my last visit" and also select "Model X forum" as a second criteria. The site would then return all threads from the Model X forum that had new posts since I last browsed teslamotorsclub.com (whether it was 5 days ago or 5 minutes ago).

As for the second problem, when using the Google Chrome browser (on both Mac and Windows), if I go to https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/forums/model-x.84/create-thread and try to create a new post, hovering my cursor over the "Create Thread" button hi-lights the "Upload a File" button instead.

If I'm posting a reply to a thread instead of creating a new post, clicking on "Post Reply" and "More Options" work fine, but once on the "More Options" screen, hovering my cursor over "Reply to Thread" instead hi-lights the "Upload a File" button again. "Preview..." works on that screen, but once on the "Preview" screen, "Reply to Thread" still hi-lights "Upload a File" (and "Preview..." still works).

I don't have any unusual extensions, and there's no ad blocking in effect, so I don't know why you can't reproduce this behavior on your end. (I don't have this problem on Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, or MS Edge.)

Has something happened with album permissions? IIRC, I was able to select an album with the checkbox, and address permissions (private/public/group) from within the dialog. That doesn't seem to exist anymore - or I'm looking in the wrong place. This was also brought up in another Model X subforum where a user is trying to address permissions on a personal album.

Has something happened with album permissions? IIRC, I was able to select an album with the checkbox, and address permissions (private/public/group) from within the dialog. That doesn't seem to exist anymore - or I'm looking in the wrong place. This was also brought up in another Model X subforum where a user is trying to address permissions on a personal album.
Just looked into this and you should be able to do this. See the mini guide below:

Find your album, hit the checkbox, and then select "Change Privacy of albums..."

Screenshot 2016-04-28 at 6.41.52 PM.png

You should then be presented with some options.
Screenshot 2016-04-28 at 6.42.28 PM.png

I don't have this option (not sure if the other user does). In my example, it's an album I own in my own group - Model X. Some screenshots to assist with troubleshooting/redirecting me below. Note that "Edit Albums..." only allows me to change the name and tags.

Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 6.56.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 6.57.00 PM.png

@Thomas Allen, look at your latest post. In the bottom left you should see a series of button options. One is "edit", click on that and it should give you a new window like a post reply box. This will allow you to edit the post. If you let it sit too long it may not be accessible after a time (I think).

@Thomas Allen, look at your latest post. In the bottom left you should see a series of button options. One is "edit", click on that and it should give you a new window like a post reply box. This will allow you to edit the post. If you let it sit too long it may not be accessible after a time (I think).
I used the edit button several times on the old version of this site, but I'm not seeing it on the new version. Thanks.

How do you cancel a reply that you started?
Next to the "camera" icon there is a "disc" icon which is labeled "drafts" if you put the cursor on it, click that and you'll have a choice to save or delete your draft. I'm not sure how helpful using floppy disc icon for "drafts" really is since almost no one uses them any longer and many may not even know what it is. But I suppose the same could be said of the "film" icon used for video.