Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Forum Design

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another option is to just abandon the post. Go somewhere else, and not post. It will autosave your reply, and when you come back to the post it will be there. You can choose to post or manually delete the words.
There is one drawback to this particular workflow. If you return to the thread, forgetting the draft, and quote someone in your reply, your original draft can "hide" above their quoted text. I've had a couple instances where a random half-sentence preceded my reply. I've edited the ones I caught, but I've also seen others' posts with a few words prior to quotes, so I don't think it's just me.

• Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo
Next to the "camera" icon there is a "disc" icon which is labeled "drafts" if you put the cursor on it, click that and you'll have a choice to save or delete your draft. I'm not sure how helpful using floppy disc icon for "drafts" really is since almost no one uses them any longer and many may not even know what it is. But I suppose the same could be said of the "film" icon used for video.

Thank you! Does that work on mobile phone also?

Where we currently have Helpful, Informative, Like, Dislike, Funny, Love as post rankings it seems a little biased to the positive side and therefore I propose a new ranking system for posts:

Like and Dislike can stay. Helpful, Informative, Funny, Love are to be replaced with:

Brilliant! You must be very proud of yourself. Reread your post and decide if you'd be proud to have your daughter read it in a few years.

Are you kidding me? How many times can the same question/issue be asked/rehashed and answered/debated on one forum?

Not funny. Part of being funny is timing and yours sucks!

You Suk! I have a personal vendetta against you due to a post made 2.5 years ago and I won't let it go.

I'll leave it up to someone else to come up with come cute emoticons to represent the new ranking system.

Mike

I posted a reply in this thread in the New England area: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/travel-from-ne-to-yellowstone-anyone.69568/

... and the "post edit" button is not available, only "delete". There was a problem posting an image to the thread, and I can't edit my post, only delete. I know the "edit" button disappears after some time, but in this case, it's never there at all.

Is this on purpose (why?), or just a glitch in that forum area?

I posted a reply in this thread in the New England area: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/travel-from-ne-to-yellowstone-anyone.69568/

... and the "post edit" button is not available, only "delete". There was a problem posting an image to the thread, and I can't edit my post, only delete. I know the "edit" button disappears after some time, but in this case, it's never there at all.

Is this on purpose (why?), or just a glitch in that forum area?
I don't know if it's the same issue that you saw, but I've found that when on mobile devices, the Edit button doesn't appear in portrait mode but does show up if I rotate to landscape mode.

For what it's worth, I'm having the same issue with missing/skipped alerts. In my case, I have it set to disable thread response alerts, but feedback alerts are spotty. Sometimes I get one for each event, sometimes it misses a bunch. I haven't been able to find any consistency, except that the missed alerts have been more frequent lately.

As far as priority for this issue - quite low for me.

I am totally cool with the new design at this point. The only issue I have is that I cannot go automatically to the first post by selecting the title. It always takes me to the same place that the new icon (red circle) does. NBD for me though. I love this forum. It's really usable and extremely high value.

Pete - I'm not sure if this thread is being actively monitored anymore by the developer. A similar issue I reported way back in March (and mentioned several more times over the months) has never been resolved:

...when using the Google Chrome browser (on both Mac and Windows), if I go to https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/forums/model-x.84/create-thread and try to create a new post, hovering my cursor over the "Create Thread" button hi-lights the "Upload a File" button instead. So I can't create a new thread using Chrome.

If I'm posting a reply to a thread instead of creating a new thread, clicking on "Post Reply" and "More Options" work fine, but once on the "More Options" screen, hovering my cursor over "Reply to Thread" instead hi-lights the "Upload a File" button again. "Preview..." works on that screen, but once on the "Preview" screen, "Reply to Thread" still hi-lights "Upload a File" (and "Preview..." still works).

I don't have any unusual extensions, and there's no ad blocking in effect, so I don't know why you can't reproduce this behavior on your end. (I don't have this problem on Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, or MS Edge.)

Erm....bump....I sure would like to be able to post a new thread......
This was resolved.

Pete - I'm not sure if this thread is being actively monitored anymore by the developer. A similar issue I reported way back in March (and mentioned several more times over the months) has never been resolved:
I have not yet been able to reproduce this issue. If anyone else has experience this or something similar, please let us know.

I don't have this option (not sure if the other user does). In my example, it's an album I own in my own group - Model X. Some screenshots to assist with troubleshooting/redirecting me below. Note that "Edit Albums..." only allows me to change the name and tags.

View attachment 174461 View attachment 174462
@ohmman So the issue here is that Group Albums do not have customization permissions, as they are owned ultimately by a group, and therefore the permissions align with that of the group.

@ohmman So the issue here is that Group Albums do not have customization permissions, as they are owned ultimately by a group, and therefore the permissions align with that of the group.
I don't think that's a great implementation, but understand that's what we have right now. The group is at the most "public" permission option, which is direct join. However, it inherits the need for users to be members before viewing these albums. So I should move them out to personal albums and share them publicly there, right? Now to figure out if there's a way to move albums or if I have to upload everything again.

I have not yet been able to reproduce this issue. If anyone else has experience this or something similar, please let us know.
I did some testing and discovered that turning off the FlashControl extension in Chrome solves the problem. Even though I whitelisted TMC (both as @@||teslamotorsclub.com^$document and @@||www.teslamotorsclub.com^$document), and turned off both "Show number of Flash Players in the Chrome omnibox" and "Add a 'Close' button to each Flash Player," it still affects the "Reply to Thread" button on the 'More Options' and 'Preview...' pages.

Soooo... now that I've disabled FlashControl, I have no problems with the Tesla Motors Club forum aside from really missing the ability to search all posts since my last visit on a specified forum (which I could do on the previous version of this website).

• Informative
Reactions: danny and GoTslaGo
I don't think that's a great implementation, but understand that's what we have right now. The group is at the most "public" permission option, which is direct join. However, it inherits the need for users to be members before viewing these albums. So I should move them out to personal albums and share them publicly there, right? Now to figure out if there's a way to move albums or if I have to upload everything again.
No need to do that. Albums in Public Groups should be viewable by the....Public. Let me look into this, as you should be able to view those images regardless of whether or not you are a member of the group.