Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Forum Design

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love the site, Folks ... the format, the information as well as the contributors.

Have a question on adding an album to my profile page. Cannot seem to find a link to do so. The page tells me that I do not have any media added or albums created, but cannot find a link to add/create on my profile page.

Instead, I have created an album on one of my group's media page, and ideally, would like to move it to my profile page.

Any help is appreciated.

Love the site, Folks ... the format, the information as well as the contributors.

Have a question on adding an album to my profile page. Cannot seem to find a link to do so. The page tells me that I do not have any media added or albums created, but cannot find a link to add/create on my profile page.

Instead, I have created an album on one of my group's media page, and ideally, would like to move it to my profile page.

Any help is appreciated.
Albums have been less than straightforward with the site upgrade. Maybe @doug or @danny can chime in, but from what I can tell, you have to create a new album, and grant it open permissions. Once you do that, it should show up on your profile page as one of "your" albums. On my profile page, there are Model X albums which I created inside of the Model X group, for instance.

When I attempt to access the album you linked, it tells me that I don't have permission to view it; so I think your issue has to do with the step of opening up the permissions.

• Helpful
Reactions: danny
Ohman, I couldn't access your Model X albums. Do I have to join a group?
Yes, the Model X group is open enrollment. Once you open the group page, you should see this in the upper right corner. Just click to join.

Screen Shot 2016-09-02 at 1.22.58 PM.png

As an aside, I believe this is still an open issue from earlier in this thread. If a group is open, and the albums are set to open permissions, one shouldn't have to join the group in order to view those albums. Currently that's the case, though.

• Informative
Reactions: Ormond
Albums have been less than straightforward with the site upgrade. Maybe @doug or @danny can chime in, but from what I can tell, you have to create a new album, and grant it open permissions. Once you do that, it should show up on your profile page as one of "your" albums. On my profile page, there are Model X albums which I created inside of the Model X group, for instance.

When I attempt to access the album you linked, it tells me that I don't have permission to view it; so I think your issue has to do with the step of opening up the permissions.

Thanks for the reply, @ohmman. Unfortunately, I cannot see how permissions to an existing album can be changed.
Screen Shot 2016-09-02 at 3.30.19 PM.png

Thanks for the reply, @ohmman. Unfortunately, I cannot see how permissions to an existing album can be changed.
View attachment 192737
OK, I remember this was completely unintuitive the last time I messed with this. This post from earlier in the thread explains the situation. I don't think there's a way to have personal albums at this point, and in the meantime they seem to inherit group permissions. The album section certainly needs some attention when the admins get a chance.

We have a general "Media" section here: Media | Tesla Motors Club which we have not gone out of our way to promote as we have not felt confident it how it is setup and its intuitiveness. However, we'll consider linking to it properly as quite a few seem interested in using it regularly. It allows you to set permissions to given albums that you create.

We also have "Group Media". Group Media relies on Albums that are owned essentially by a given group. However, as @ohmman pointed out, if a group is set to "Public" then all its content, including media content, should be viewable.

We are working on an update to the Groups function (which is taking time). I will add that to the bugs list to be fixed.

Some people are mentioning threads "jumping around", and this includes me. I'm seeing many threads go to the "first unread post" and then start jumping up and down, it's very frustrating. Just now I tried typing a post, and the jumping didn't stop. I even took a video:

(see new video below)

This is my computer, I'm not touching the keyboard or mouse.. it's just sitting there jumping up and down. It eventually stopped, but something changed on here causing this jumping around, I think related to image or video loading, and possibly some javascript to detect that? I haven't really dug too deep, but I think something's not working quite right.

thanks.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: danny
Some people are mentioning threads "jumping around", and this includes me. I'm seeing many threads go to the "first unread post" and then start jumping up and down, it's very frustrating. Just now I tried typing a post, and the jumping didn't stop. I even took a video:

This is my computer, I'm not touching the keyboard or mouse.. it's just sitting there jumping up and down. It eventually stopped, but something changed on here causing this jumping around, I think related to image or video loading, and possibly some javascript to detect that? I haven't really dug too deep, but I think something's not working quite right.

thanks.
That's very odd. If it is related to media loading, it seems like it's doing it improperly. I notice that the embedded graphics at the bottom of the page keep reloading each time it flickers. If it's just a matter of resizing the page based on images loading, that shouldn't occur.

FWIW, I haven't seen this yet, but I'm using the Condensed "Light" (non-dark) theme.

Ok, last time. Just to remove all variables, I redid the video from Incognito mode. No login, no cookies, no extensions or plugins -- 100% native TMC.. this went on for over a minute before I stopped the video, but it kept going after this:

As I mentioned above, this is happening in other threads, just not as prominent as this thread ("world's largest supercharger").

(see new video below)

thanks.

I've seen that as well, and noticed the browser was still loading content even though the screen seemed stable. I stopped the browser's loading and the jittering stopped as well. As always, YMMV.

Cheers

Ok, last time. Just to remove all variables, I redid the video from Incognito mode. No login, no cookies, no extensions or plugins -- 100% native TMC.. this went on for over a minute before I stopped the video, but it kept going after this:

As I mentioned above, this is happening in other threads, just not as prominent as this thread ("world's largest supercharger").
This is related to Javascript. My JS blocker completely stops this behavior, but when I disable it, I see what you're seeing. From what I can tell (and it's difficult to isolate), it seems to originate from inside the YouTube frame. The Javascript running there are from Google Advertisements, and when I unblock them, I get similar behavior.

Do you see this in threads that do not have video/YouTube content?

FWIW I had the jumping issue with that thread (largest supercharger) on my desktop. However when I was viewing the thread earlier this evening on my IPad the jumping issue did not persist.

So I just checked it now (10:52pm) and yes, it is still jumping on my desktop, but not on my IPad. Still shows it is loading on my upper tab.

And I have not seen a similar jumping issue with other threads.

Alright I'll have to take a break now to go vomit.

• Funny
Reactions: BluestarE3
This is related to Javascript. My JS blocker completely stops this behavior, but when I disable it, I see what you're seeing. From what I can tell (and it's difficult to isolate), it seems to originate from inside the YouTube frame. The Javascript running there are from Google Advertisements, and when I unblock them, I get similar behavior.

Do you see this in threads that do not have video/YouTube content?

Good find. I notice this on FireFox for WIn 7 (which has no blockers installed), but not Safari for my Mac (which DOES have blockers installed) nor my iPhone (which again has content blockers). Thus, I wouldn't be surprised it is something in the Google ads.