TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Forum Design

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Thread Summary, Mar 14, 2016.

1. GoTslaGo

GoTslaGo Learning Member

@danny or @doug

Odd alert issue happened tonight. I received a notification on my Alerts icon of a new post by Drivin (image:NewPost1).

When I clicked it, it brought me to a post from 719pm (image:NewPost2).

For reference I had received an earlier alert for a post by SPadival, which you can see on NewPost1 at the bottom of the alert. This appropriately gave me the correct latest post, see image: NewPost3.

Edit:

It seems that my screenshots with saves onto bitmaps aren't able to be posted. Ok let me play with the pics to see if I can change them to jpegs. Will try to repost with the pics.

2. GoTslaGo

GoTslaGo Learning Member

#1082 GoTslaGo, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    NewPost1.jpg NewPost2.jpg NewPost3.jpg

Ok, here are the pics after I changed them to jpegs.

NewPost1, 2 and 3 in order. Hope this helps.

(PS--as of 1218am Tenable must have deleted his post, so it will look different...)

3. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

#1083 wycolo, Jan 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    [​IMG] > For those wanting to banish some of the whitespace, [Brianman]

Eyestrain - WHITE background finally took its toll and forced me to action (but not enough action to wade thru this thread much beyond Brianman's quote). My needs are simple: amber or yellow background to promote vision health. Somewhere AUZIE said he clicked on top of the page and somehow got all manner of display choices (color combos) but gave no examples or specifics. Finally I decided that Style Sheets was not the easy way to find a solution.

OPERA - My browser of choice for several reasons but being able to alter background colors was not one of them, alas. Tried every other browser for latest MacOS with no luck until:

FIREFOX - Voila, it offers a YELLOW background which tends toward GOLD if you limit your monitor brightness. I'm happy with this yellow/gold as it reduces eyestrain further by being warmer, thus increasing depth of vision which reduces your need to refocus. And it is a permanent preference. Only the top menu/address bars and the right scroll strip remain WHITE.

Hope this helps.
    --

Attached Files:

4. Electroman

Electroman Well-Known Member

In Chrome I use an Add on named 'Hacker Vision' that will invert the colors. Specifically it will give black background with white text and is much pleasing and less strain to the eyes. See the snap shot below:

IMG_7737.JPG

5. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Grouchy

Why not just use the dark theme built in to the site?

Screenshot 2017-01-23 11.40.10.png

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  6. danny

danny Administrator

This.

• Like x 1
  7. Electroman

Electroman Well-Known Member

Mike: Thank you !!

That actually works and is even better !

• Like x 1
  8. Cyclone

Cyclone Cyclonic Member ((.oO))

The downside for me to the theme process is that it is specific to my account, not my browser. So while I much prefer dark on my cell phone, I prefer light on my desktop. Currently, TMC does not support that beyond me switching it every time. I really would prefer having it be a local cookie so that each device could be on it's preferred setting.

• Like x 1
  9. FloridaGary

FloridaGary Member

Holy crap! Thank you! Much more pleasing to the eye.