Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Forum Design

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@danny or @doug

Odd alert issue happened tonight. I received a notification on my Alerts icon of a new post by Drivin (image:NewPost1).

When I clicked it, it brought me to a post from 719pm (image:NewPost2).

For reference I had received an earlier alert for a post by SPadival, which you can see on NewPost1 at the bottom of the alert. This appropriately gave me the correct latest post, see image: NewPost3.

Edit:

It seems that my screenshots with saves onto bitmaps aren't able to be posted. Ok let me play with the pics to see if I can change them to jpegs. Will try to repost with the pics.

NewPost1.jpg NewPost2.jpg NewPost3.jpg

Ok, here are the pics after I changed them to jpegs.

NewPost1, 2 and 3 in order. Hope this helps.

(PS--as of 1218am Tenable must have deleted his post, so it will look different...)

Last edited:
> For those wanting to banish some of the whitespace, [Brianman]

Eyestrain - WHITE background finally took its toll and forced me to action (but not enough action to wade thru this thread much beyond Brianman's quote). My needs are simple: amber or yellow background to promote vision health. Somewhere AUZIE said he clicked on top of the page and somehow got all manner of display choices (color combos) but gave no examples or specifics. Finally I decided that Style Sheets was not the easy way to find a solution.

OPERA - My browser of choice for several reasons but being able to alter background colors was not one of them, alas. Tried every other browser for latest MacOS with no luck until:

FIREFOX - Voila, it offers a YELLOW background which tends toward GOLD if you limit your monitor brightness. I'm happy with this yellow/gold as it reduces eyestrain further by being warmer, thus increasing depth of vision which reduces your need to refocus. And it is a permanent preference. Only the top menu/address bars and the right scroll strip remain WHITE.

Hope this helps.
--

Attachments

• IMG_0964.JPG
    IMG_0964.JPG
    352.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
> For those wanting to banish some of the whitespace, [Brianman]

Eyestrain - WHITE background finally took its toll and forced me to action (but not enough action to wade thru this thread much beyond Brianman's quote). My needs are simple: amber or yellow background to promote vision health. Somewhere AUZIE said he clicked on top of the page and somehow got all manner of display choices (color combos) but gave no examples or specifics. Finally I decided that Style Sheets was not the easy way to find a solution.

OPERA - My browser of choice for several reasons but being able to alter background colors was not one of them, alas. Tried every other browser for latest MacOS with no luck until:

FIREFOX - Voila, it offers a YELLOW background which tends toward GOLD if you limit your monitor brightness. I'm happy with this yellow/gold as it reduces eyestrain further by being warmer, thus increasing depth of vision which reduces your need to refocus. And it is a permanent preference. Only the top menu/address bars and the right scroll strip remain WHITE.

Hope this helps.
--

In Chrome I use an Add on named 'Hacker Vision' that will invert the colors. Specifically it will give black background with white text and is much pleasing and less strain to the eyes. See the snap shot below:

IMG_7737.JPG

Why not just use the dark theme built in to the site?

View attachment 211794

The downside for me to the theme process is that it is specific to my account, not my browser. So while I much prefer dark on my cell phone, I prefer light on my desktop. Currently, TMC does not support that beyond me switching it every time. I really would prefer having it be a local cookie so that each device could be on it's preferred setting.

Reactions: Andyw2100