Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Forum Design

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed. Also the quote feature does not seem to work. Or it did not work as expected.
Also agree with earlier comment about loss of "first unread post" and loss of easy breadcrumbs to navigate to other points in the forum tree.

Mostly good feedback. Image upload is "upload a file" near the bottom of the post box. Old PMs were always a bit of a mess.. In a few weeks you'll be happier with the conversation system. vB has been around for years and XF isn't yet at feature parity. But we'll get better over time.

Doug, I have used "upload an image" but it puts it in a little box that you have to click on to see it. I also tried using the "media" option, but it doesn't work either:
Supercharging Curve for P90D Model X

How do I get them, then, to be shown inline?

I see some people have put them in imgur to do this, but that's an extra step... upload to an image-sharing service, then copy-paste the URL to feed into the image box.

XenForo by design does not allow for thread post count to be set by the user. It's a global setting and they recommend it not be changed. This has to do with SEO and post linking. Others still allow for this but it was a deliberate decision to not do this in XenForo.

TMC admins could allow the default theme in XenForo to be chosen as it's more closely resembles the TMC look but the Xenith theme has a more modern look. It's up to them if they want to allow the theme to be switchable by the user. In prefer the new forum as it works much better on my iPhone where I spend most of time browsing TMC.

Last edited:
Also agree with earlier comment about loss of "first unread post" ...

Works for me. Just press the little 'blue dot' and it'll take you to the first new/unread post of an existing thread.

Interesting to see that angst here is clearly a people issue not a changing features in the Model S or changing Tesla issue. Some just can't handle change, especially if it's not on their terms or specifically beneficial to them.

On topic: I'm having zero issues, no font/readability issues, no navigating issues, no avatar issues, no whiteness or greyness issues. Yep, forum looks different and works different. I've put on my Indian Jones hat and am exploring, pushing buttons (but not willy nilly as that can lead to snakes ;)) to see what they do and getting acquainted. Apparently that's not the way to do it. :oops:

Unfortunately, the readability of the site has gone way down. @doug and @danny, can we get a statement from you on making the overall font, foreground/background colors looking better? Right now, the HUGE expanse of white space hurts my eyes, and it is difficult for me to read the gray text on the white background -- it reminds me of some presentations at work where people insist upon using #000099 on top of #000033. The font isn't bold enough for the contrast level you like -- either the text needs to be bulked up, or the background needs to be changed -- or please give us an easy option to skin it. Personally, I'd like a dark theme.

I'll give the benefit of the doubt to those in charge that they know what they're doing when it comes to this change. Personally, I'm at a total loss just trying to do simple things that used to make browsing here fun. Now it's nothing but frustration. So it's time for me to take a break from here. I really hope it doesn't become like the Leaf forum where the change lead to a mass exodus of some of the best posters. I guess only time will tell. The loss of reputation bars bums me out the most. I guess a lot of my ego was invested in them -- which isn't really true since I'm anonymous here but it really does separate the cream from the rest of the crop and people like Bonnie, wk057, etc. etc. are now the same as Joe Schmoe (no offence to JS if he's a member here). In any event, life's too short for frustration so bye for now.

image.png
Suggestion: when you guys get around to it: make the links in the mobile menu darker.

I didn't have any problems with the old design but the new design gives me a headache (honest!). I have problems with bright lights (so no overhead lights at work, etc.) It would be nice if there were some user-selectable (high-contrast) themes for those with vision issues. I may try Brian's suggestion to apply my own stylesheet to see if that helps with the readability issues.

I have a question, how do I mark the entire forum read? I usually come here (not logged in) and read what is new, then mark the forums read so when I come back I only see the new stuff. I see the new posts, but no way to mark the forum read after I see the new posts.

EDIT: I see the picture that Trev Page posted has a mark forums read. I don't see that on the desktop version.
Double Ninja Edit: Now I see it at the top of the page. What is going on??? I guess you have to be logged on to see the mark forums read link.

I have a question, how do I mark the entire forum read? I usually come here (not logged in) and read what is new, then mark the forums read so when I come back I only see the new stuff. I see the new posts, but no way to mark the forum read after I see the new posts.

EDIT: I see the picture that Trev Page posted has a mark forums read. I don't see that on the desktop version.

I see it on mine, just below the "Forums" link. It then gives you an option to do it in the current forum or all forums.

XenForo by design does not allow for thread post count to be set by the user. It's a global setting and they recommend it not be changed. This has to do with SEO and post linking. Others still allow for this but it was a deliberate decision to not do this in XenForo.

TMC admins could allow the default theme in XenForo to be chosen as it's more closely resembles the TMC look but the Xenith theme has a more modern look. It's up to them if they want to allow the theme to be switchable by the user. In prefer the new forum as it works much better on my iPhone where I spend most of time browsing TMC.

Between the incredible waste of white space and the 20 posts per page this has dropped significantly in usefulness to me.
At 100/page and with some greasemonkey the old design was reasonably dense and readable. This? Oh well, I guess it's time for my bi-annual break from TMC.

Between the incredible waste of white space and the 20 posts per page this has dropped significantly in usefulness to me.
At 100/page and with some greasemonkey the old design was reasonably dense and readable. This? Oh well, I guess it's time for my bi-annual break from TMC.

If anyone cares here's the reason for a fixed post count.

Posts per page

There is an add-on that allows users to pick the post count like in Vbulletin but it doesn't show as 1.5 compatible. Not sure which version TMC is using but I reckon it's the latest 1.5x release.

But you can also select a part of a post, like I did with that part of your post I quoted above, and then click "Reply" in that little box that opens after selecting the text. It will create a quote containing just that part you selected. Very handy feature!
Wow. That is slick. I like it.
The more I explore the new UI the more I like it.

Works for me. Just press the little 'blue dot' and it'll take you to the first new/unread post of an existing thread.

Quite often it's taking me to posts back in Feb.

Interesting to see that angst here is clearly a people issue not a changing features in the Model S or changing Tesla issue. Some just can't handle change, especially if it's not on their terms or specifically beneficial to them.

On topic: I'm having zero issues, no font/readability issues, no navigating issues, no avatar issues, no whiteness or greyness issues.

Great. However, a lot of people are reporting all those issues, so they are in fact real issues.