Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here you go. Some of the specks are road crap, some are reflections. The fit is level, not disjointed.

View attachment 454453 View attachment 454454 View attachment 454457

Is there a reason you chose not to show pictures of the headlights? In this picture it looks like fitment issue. And if you look closer at the very back where the bumper clips into the fender itis extremely snug than slightly opens. That’s where the thorax screw goes but it should not be tightened down or be used to pull up the bumper to minimize the gap. That will cause the bumper to flex pushing it out , creating the gap in the headlight pictured. Not to mention if you were to park and scrap the curb the entire bumper could’ve crack and splice the paint. This is not how you make proper fitment by using a shortcut cause the bumper doesn’t fit correctly. The tabs should already be enough to hold the bumper in place with a minimal gap. I’ve been reading a lot of posts on here cause I noticed the fitment is off on the tabs. They will snap on to the first two than the third won’t reach and the hole that the bumper, bracket, and fender share, should all be aligned but it’s not. Just like tab 3 the hole is way before the fender and bracket hole, which the fender and bracket hole align perfectly with each other so it’s not like the fender or bracket is off. Looks like there securing snug with screws and you should never secure too tight with screws there. The fact that your bumper is so close to the fender is very concerning as you can see it start to open going forward.
Have you had any issues already with the paint showing hairlines like it’s starting to crack? You should definitely make sure the thorax screw is not over tightened or even worse that there isn’t a hole drilled for another screw to go thru all three.
Ive read a lot of posts now, all with fitment issues and the shop doing the initial install is always getting the blame. For one they would not do this technique if it is being secured that way. The issue ultimately lies in the manufacturing of the bumper. Ultimately if this is common than these bumpers are basically defective and instead of not selling them and fixing it they are hiding it and it will end up cracking the paint etc since there is too much tension on both sides. Basically like when you hold a pencil on both ends and flex tension bending it you can flick your finger and snap it. You want the bumper to be able to pop off the tabs on enough force otherwise it will crack or just rip if off completely thru the hole. Than your going to have some serious damage
DF1915B0-D89A-4B38-AE3A-0BFF241E8DE4.jpeg

Attachments

• D8C92E6A-0394-4ECF-93B6-BF2DECFF61B8.jpeg
    D8C92E6A-0394-4ECF-93B6-BF2DECFF61B8.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Is there a reason you chose not to show pictures of the headlights? In this picture it looks like fitment issue. And if you look closer at the very back where the bumper clips into the fender itis extremely snug than slightly opens. That’s where the thorax screw goes but it should not be tightened down or be used to pull up the bumper to minimize the gap. That will cause the bumper to flex pushing it out , creating the gap in the headlight pictured. Not to mention if you were to park and scrap the curb the entire bumper could’ve crack and splice the paint. This is not how you make proper fitment by using a shortcut cause the bumper doesn’t fit correctly. The tabs should already be enough to hold the bumper in place with a minimal gap. I’ve been reading a lot of posts on here cause I noticed the fitment is off on the tabs. They will snap on to the first two than the third won’t reach and the hole that the bumper, bracket, and fender share, should all be aligned but it’s not. Just like tab 3 the hole is way before the fender and bracket hole, which the fender and bracket hole align perfectly with each other so it’s not like the fender or bracket is off. Looks like there securing snug with screws and you should never secure too tight with screws there. The fact that your bumper is so close to the fender is very concerning as you can see it start to open going forward.
Have you had any issues already with the paint showing hairlines like it’s starting to crack? You should definitely make sure the thorax screw is not over tightened or even worse that there isn’t a hole drilled for another screw to go thru all three.
Ive read a lot of posts now, all with fitment issues and the shop doing the initial install is always getting the blame. For one they would not do this technique if it is being secured that way. The issue ultimately lies in the manufacturing of the bumper. Ultimately if this is common than these bumpers are basically defective and instead of not selling them and fixing it they are hiding it and it will end up cracking the paint etc since there is too much tension on both sides. Basically like when you hold a pencil on both ends and flex tension bending it you can flick your finger and snap it. You want the bumper to be able to pop off the tabs on enough force otherwise it will crack or just rip if off completely thru the hole. Than your going to have some serious damage
View attachment 491463

Perfect example of Unplugged Performance installing their refresh front bumper by drilling new holes since their bumper doesn’t fit right!
I have one for sale and I am hesitant to sell it just cuz I don’t want to push something on someone else when it’s clear their bumper isn’t properly made. I’m so sick and tired of reading posts where they blame the installers. No installers would go and drill new holes since that’s the only way to get it to fit. I’m calling unplugged out for selling a bumper that is defective. There is a reason they don’t have any authorized installers cuz they don’t exist. Perhaps it has to do with the brackets that changed but regardless you should not be selling a bumper that is 100% not made correctly. This bumper was installed only by unplugged performance themselves. Anyone that owns this bumper should check and see if they drilled new holes cuz I guarantee everyone that has had issues than took it to UP has new holes drilled. In order for it to match up correctly with the thorax screw they have to do this which is pathetic that they know exactly what’s wrong yet continue to blame installers. Since the last tab and hole for the thorax screw doesn’t line up correctly they solve this major issue simply by drilling a new hole. When they should be remanufacturing it and not selling it when it’s literally defectively made. It blows my mind that they don’t resolve this and just continue to sale this BS for $3,000 and will keep blaming any installers who try to install something properly without having to drill new holes. So anyone who has had issues with this bumper it’s not you or your installers, it’s Unplugged’s defective bumper that they keep selling like there isn’t a major issue.

56167510-2485-4111-BE87-08F1A0502665.jpeg
600F61B0-4159-4E87-9BA7-C2D68A468DF2.jpeg

Attachments

• 8E9484F8-77DF-4755-AC38-3CF8E44D4567.jpeg
    8E9484F8-77DF-4755-AC38-3CF8E44D4567.jpeg
    559.6 KB · Views: 26
Perfect example of Unplugged Performance installing their refresh front bumper by drilling new holes since their bumper doesn’t fit right!
I have one for sale and I am hesitant to sell it just cuz I don’t want to push something on someone else when it’s clear their bumper isn’t properly made. I’m so sick and tired of reading posts where they blame the installers. No installers would go and drill new holes since that’s the only way to get it to fit. I’m calling unplugged out for selling a bumper that is defective. There is a reason they don’t have any authorized installers cuz they don’t exist. Perhaps it has to do with the brackets that changed but regardless you should not be selling a bumper that is 100% not made correctly. This bumper was installed only by unplugged performance themselves. Anyone that owns this bumper should check and see if they drilled new holes cuz I guarantee everyone that has had issues than took it to UP has new holes drilled. In order for it to match up correctly with the thorax screw they have to do this which is pathetic that they know exactly what’s wrong yet continue to blame installers. Since the last tab and hole for the thorax screw doesn’t line up correctly they solve this major issue simply by drilling a new hole. When they should be remanufacturing it and not selling it when it’s literally defectively made. It blows my mind that they don’t resolve this and just continue to sale this BS for $3,000 and will keep blaming any installers who try to install something properly without having to drill new holes. So anyone who has had issues with this bumper it’s not you or your installers, it’s Unplugged’s defective bumper that they keep selling like there isn’t a major issue.

View attachment 496055 View attachment 496056

Here is exactly where they messed up. Since they copy the oem holes exactly, it doesn’t take long to see where they messed up. Each hole is short by 2-3 mm. Which means all the tabs on top are short and do not align properly. Anyone that bought this bumper should be asking for a full refund. I know they wouldn’t be instructing installers to drill new holes in order to make the bumper fit.

D1489746-834D-4A17-99F3-5A39972EF6DB.jpeg
6570D8C0-5E63-415E-A765-289B318D2E44.jpeg
826B2F4C-764A-4948-953A-53C33E26C526.jpeg
A4DB4EDF-0711-42EC-BD65-E6A027037D13.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: blitzpa and Mash