Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New front seat design now shipping!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
889D4DA4-40AD-40EC-A64C-EA4B8FE158E2.jpeg
FE0642B0-0277-4814-B378-1A9A6E5A8A50.jpeg
Tesla just listed on their site a new redesigned front seats for the model X! Looks to improve leg room for the 2nd row and also added back pockets! Hard to tell, but looks like the head rest is now a Single piece instead of the adjustable one.

Reactions: DriverOne
View attachment 471064 View attachment 471065 Tesla just listed on their site a new redesigned front seats for the model X! Looks to improve leg room for the 2nd row and also added back pockets! Hard to tell, but looks like the head rest is now a Single piece instead of the adjustable one.

I can’t tell. But maybe deleting the head rest motor made extra room. So the cheaper seat is spun as an improvement. Typical marketing. Probably increases range by reduced weight too ;)

One of my biggest complaints about the X is the front seats have no legroom with a rear facing child seat behind them. It would be great to get an extra inch or two.

that's what she said, lol

the light at the end of the tunnel is that you only need to endure this for a little more than a year. unless you keep popping them out. then maybe think about tossing them in the 3rd row if you have ;)

I think the 2019 front seats are very comfortable save for the headrest. For me, I am a tall guy, the headrest does not go high enough and the bottom of it sort of sticks out and into the base of my neck between my shoulders. I have tried to find some aftermarket cushions but have not found anything that works well, so I just deal with it. If these are better in the head rest department, I may even look at getting mine retrofitted with the newer seats.

Hope this update doesnt reduce the comfort. I ordered my X after test driving with current seat configuration which i liked. Now i would be getting something new and different. Seat pockets would be great for sure. Are they going to send new ones to dealerships before delivering to customers?

I think the 2019 front seats are very comfortable save for the headrest. For me, I am a tall guy, the headrest does not go high enough and the bottom of it sort of sticks out and into the base of my neck between my shoulders. I have tried to find some aftermarket cushions but have not found anything that works well, so I just deal with it. If these are better in the head rest department, I may even look at getting mine retrofitted with the newer seats.

I think I am glad that I just took delivery of my X, before this change went into affect.

The pictures have me worried. The head restraints now point sharply forward. I was going to get a 3 or Y, until I test drove a 3 and found that the head restrained banged against the back of my head while I drove. I don't have that problem in my X.

Hopefully the new seats are more comfortable than they look.

Reactions: 7ESLA and Simon21
Tesla is unique in car manufacturers in that they design and manufacturer their own seats. There is warehouse/engineering facility on HWY 880 that is always tinkering with seat design and has a multi-story racks of seats.

Looks like the front seats got ride of the fold where some people complained about a bar hitting their thighs.