Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New front seat design now shipping!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you guys have been paying attention to the last conference call, the S and X are basically niche hobby cars for Tesla to build.

All the hotness is around 3,Y and truck.

It’s zero surprise for Tesla to throw Model 3 seats into the X because that’s all they want to produce.

This goes both ways - the motor and other technologies that have come to the X and S since the 3 release have been an improvement. And recently with the Raven upgrade, and upcoming plaid upgrade there is very much still hotness here.

• Removed ventilated seats
  • Removed motorized rear spoiler
  • Removed Model X badging at falcon wing door opening
  • Removed interior configuration options such as Matte Obeche Wood
  • Removed Alcantara from dash
  • Threatened to switch headliner from Alcantara, thankfully that never happened
  • Removed lower white dash panels for awhile, and now still sometimes building cars with black lower dash when it should be white
  • Cheaper rear floor shelf
There's been some improvements too:
  • Quieter door release for front doors
  • Falcon wing door interior switches instead of levers
  • Falcon wing door sensor added so it doesn't close if someone is standing under it
But most of the changes feel like cost savings by removing items of flair and distinction

This is so true and it is very unfortunate. Just to add to the list
  • Removed Gloss Seat Backs (Which was classy but fine it scratches)
  • Removed motorized 7 seater
  • Removed carbon fibre option for non performance X
  • Removed centre console
  • Removed cool naming scheme (75D, 100D, P100D)
  • Removed included phone dock
Improvements:
  • Better audio system
  • Removed chrome seat pedestals and now matte black (positive i think)
By the looks of it, it will continue until there aren't any motorized parts anymore... Imagine if they stopped doing the motorized front doors and made them like the Model S. At the end of the day even though those downgrades have been made, I will still get another Model X to replace my current Model X when the time comes. I guess that means that they are doing some things right ;)

Also who still remembers when we were given all these interior options?
Screen Shot 2019-11-27 at 11.41.15 PM.png

Reactions: Lee_B and X Fan
I ordered my blue with black seats 6 seater LD with FSD MX on 10/31/19 and was notified yesterday it will be available for pickup in SoCal this Sunday.
Sorry, meant to say that I will report on Sunday afternoon my impression of the seats. I drove a loaner X about a month ago for a day and thought the front seats were extremely comfortable. I hope they haven't changed too much (unless it is for the better!!!)

This is so true and it is very unfortunate. Just to add to the list
  • Removed Gloss Seat Backs (Which was classy but fine it scratches)
  • Removed motorized 7 seater
  • Removed carbon fibre option for non performance X
  • Removed centre console
  • Removed cool naming scheme (75D, 100D, P100D)
  • Removed included phone dock
Improvements:
  • Better audio system
  • Removed chrome seat pedestals and now matte black (positive i think)
By the looks of it, it will continue until there aren't any motorized parts anymore... Imagine if they stopped doing the motorized front doors and made them like the Model S. At the end of the day even though those downgrades have been made, I will still get another Model X to replace my current Model X when the time comes. I guess that means that they are doing some things right ;)

Also who still remembers when we were given all these interior options?
View attachment 482352

In all fairness, the center console wasn't offered at launch (even though it was on the prototype)
The phone dock is pretty useless, as it only accommodates phones without a case and of a specific size.
The motorized 7 seater was a PAIN compared to a folding middle row (former 7 seat owner, current 6 seat owner)

The front doors make me look like a fool whenever I jump into another car, waiting for the doors to open and close by themselves. But I've also gone through several door motors already and do not look forward to paying out of pocket for my next. And the gloss seat backs...nothing. I love mine. With them it looks like a luxurious space ship, without them it feels significantly different.

Unfortunately, the reduction of complexity/luxury improves two pain points for Tesla. Reduce complexity and it reduces cost and time to build. Reduce complexity and it improves reliability and reduces service visits.

Reactions: Daisame and 7ESLA