Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New front seat design now shipping!

davidmac27

Nov 28, 2019
Carlsbad, CA
How how do these new seats compare to the old comfort and space wise? (Asking ppl that have the new seats first hand)
I love the new seats. My only comparison was the overnight loaner X they gave me about 1.5 months ago that had the old seats. I found those comfortable too. These new seats fit me like a glove (I'm 6'1 185lbs). The headrests do not interfere. I can tilt my head back about 1-2" before the back of my head touches. I'm very happy.

jebs2k

May 14, 2019
Vancouver
I love the new seats. My only comparison was the overnight loaner X they gave me about 1.5 months ago that had the old seats. I found those comfortable too. These new seats fit me like a glove (I'm 6'1 185lbs). The headrests do not interfere. I can tilt my head back about 1-2" before the back of my head touches. I'm very happy.

so even though it is thinner, the padding is still sufficient to make it just as comfortable as old seats
so hopefully it wasn't a cost cutting move and instead a more efficient design... without sacrificing comfort

davidmac27

Nov 28, 2019
Carlsbad, CA
so even though it is thinner, the padding is still sufficient to make it just as comfortable as old seats
so hopefully it wasn't a cost cutting move and instead a more efficient design... without sacrificing comfort
I too was worried about the new seats having driven the previous X seats (albeit just overnight) as a trial loaner. However, I can’t tell any difference. The new seats just feel right to me. No pressure points anywhere. It’s like I don’t even think about my comfort because I am so comfortable.

dextius

Nov 27, 2019
Prov
I took delivery of a 2020 X yesterday. The seats are incredibly comfortable (my background is multiple BMW's, which I think are great).

I am glad there is less glossy stuff in the cabin, seems like less places to get fingerprints or scratches.

Reactions: BulldogsRus

mongo

May 3, 2017
Michigan
How tall are the people that find the headrest uncomfortable. Just curious. I’m 5’10” and didn’t notice anything until this thread about new seats was brought up.

6'8" and the headrest dug into my shoulder blades when I tried out the X back in 2017.

Niles7

Dec 27, 2019
San Francisco
Hello folks, took the delivery of my MX on 31st but I can’t tell if my seats are new design or old. They pretty much look like my friend’s 2018 MX, except the headrest doesn’t move but there are no seat pockets.

mongo

May 3, 2017
Michigan
Took delivery in December 2019, with the new seat design.

The new headrest is very anterior and is horrible for people with neck pain IMO.

Are you saying it is so far back it provides no support?
If so, I'm happy because the old style was too far forward and dug into my shoulders. Due to my height, I don't rest my head against the seat in any car.

davezforce

IG @davezforce
Jan 18, 2017
NJ
What about seat pockets ? Are they Model S specifics?
I don’t believe they actually put “pockets” in them. I think they just have an indentation In them now. Concave, to allow a little more leg space and that’s what they were referring to as a pocket. I could be wrong tho

Lee_B

Supporting Member
Nov 22, 2016
Springfield VA
Did everyone forget about coat hooks? The older seats allowed u yo buy 3rd party hooks for the seat. Did Tesla add hooks anywhere to compensate for the new design?

RMCan

Jan 6, 2020
USA
Did everyone forget about coat hooks? The older seats allowed u yo buy 3rd party hooks for the seat. Did Tesla add hooks anywhere to compensate for the new design?

Bumping this thread for this question. Does anybody know if there is a coat hook solution for the redesigned MS/MX front seats?

Techniques

Jul 4, 2018
Richmond Hill
I don’t recall seeing anything for hooks. I’ll double check today.
Sorry about the delay. From what it seems like there is no obvious location for seat hooks..
Bumping this thread for this question. Does anybody know if there is a coat hook solution for the redesigned MS/MX front seats?

Attachments

• 420D5722-F2A7-4D8C-AE8B-0464EA12C26E.jpeg
    420D5722-F2A7-4D8C-AE8B-0464EA12C26E.jpeg
    366.2 KB · Views: 94
  • B61BB71E-4D13-419B-8FCF-C91BB3A9E2D5.jpeg
    B61BB71E-4D13-419B-8FCF-C91BB3A9E2D5.jpeg
    367.7 KB · Views: 95
  • Helpful
Reactions: X Fan

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC