Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New front seat design now shipping!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could you please check if the third row has the car seat latches? There is another MX owner who has noticed this to be missing with the new seat design.
I can confirm that there are rear seat anchors on the back of the third row seats, but no latch anchors like in the second row. The third row anchors are hidden within the upholstery of the third row seats.

Attachments

• D25AECB5-EB7A-4F78-998F-A62ED86E5576.jpeg
    D25AECB5-EB7A-4F78-998F-A62ED86E5576.jpeg
    715.9 KB · Views: 177
  • 2CD506CE-0EFE-4235-9739-F8096E790706.jpeg
    2CD506CE-0EFE-4235-9739-F8096E790706.jpeg
    907.5 KB · Views: 149
  • 057E15F4-84CE-4535-B962-D6BC4C22D3B6.jpeg
    057E15F4-84CE-4535-B962-D6BC4C22D3B6.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 144
  • Informative
Reactions: X Fan
Did everyone forget about coat hooks? The older seats allowed u yo buy 3rd party hooks for the seat. Did Tesla add hooks anywhere to compensate for the new design?
I was thinking the same. With this new "upgrade" how does one attaches the hook or a tablet mount for the kids (on the old seat I have them wrapped around and under the headrest, on the new one it would scratch the front passenger's neck and would be unstable on turns and potentially fly off)

Reactions: beachmiles
The new (non-adjustable) headrests are much better for me. I'm 6'4" and the old headrests dug into the bottom of my neck. The new headrests are great and don't cause that problem for me.

I'm not sure though if I like the newer bottom portion of the seat better than the old ones. They are similar and might actually be the same but for some reason the new seat seems to slightly more narrow near the mid-thigh to me. I haven't tried an old seat again to verify...it may just be in my mind.

The new (non-adjustable) headrests are much better for me. I'm 6'4" and the old headrests dug into the bottom of my neck. The new headrests are great and don't cause that problem for me.

I'm not sure though if I like the newer bottom portion of the seat better than the old ones. They are similar and might actually be the same but for some reason the new seat seems to slightly more narrow near the mid-thigh to me. I haven't tried an old seat again to verify...it may just be in my mind.

Awesome. Do you find the angle uncomfortable/obtrusive, at all?

I have both the old seat design model x and new seat design. The new seat design, IMO are not comfortable. They are very forward and put a lot of pressure on your neck. Some do like it but I can't stand it.

Is the rest of the seat (aside from the headrest) just as or more comfortable than the old design? If so, I know an auto interior tuner near me that does seat edits to change various aspects like headrest to adapt to preferences.