Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Frunk info (9/15)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couldn't resist thinking that 2-3 years ago we were all "whoa a whole new storage area... yay innovation!!1" And now it's 'bleeeh the frunk is "tiny"'!
Taken out of context and if I didn't know EarlyAdopters stance better it could sound like an "everything is amazing but nobody is happy" moment!

This is clearly a case of Tesla raising the bar (and people's expectations). Probably a good thing.

The entire Model X is taller and a little wider than the Model S. The upper portion of the Model X frunk is above the top of the motor housing. On the Model S the motor housing extends to the top of the front area. It looks like they may have moved something on top of the front motor on the Model S somewhere else to make the frunk a more regular shape. I suppose it may be possible to squeeze a little more space into the Model SxxD frunk, but don't expect the size to come anywhere near the Model X frunk.

I think they re-worked the whole body design. If it is the case the new large frunk (shallower version of it most definitely will end up in MS.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...le-Sightings?p=1170799&viewfull=1#post1170799

I think they re-worked the whole body design. If it is the case the new large frunk (shallower version of it most definitely will end up in MS.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...le-Sightings?p=1170799&viewfull=1#post1170799

Which may mean it'll make it to the Model S AWD cars as well. I'm still on my original 2012 Model S, but when I get into a loaner I keep noticing things that I prefer on my classic ole S like the cupholder cinchers and the bigger frunk.

They didn't specify what kind of golf bags. You have to read the fine print.

View attachment 94259

This literally made me laugh out loud!

- - - Updated - - -

That must have been one heck of a party!!! :p

- - - Updated - - -

Which may mean it'll make it to the Model S AWD cars as well. I'm still on my original 2012 Model S, but when I get into a loaner I keep noticing things that I prefer on my classic ole S like the cupholder cinchers and the bigger frunk.

Cupholder cinchers? Could you share a pic please of what you are referring to?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cupholder cinchers? Could you share a pic please of what you are referring to?

Older cars have 4 spring loaded holders inside each cup holder that keep containers of different sizes secure. New cars don't have them so bottles just rattle and flop around if they aren't the exact same size as the holder. I always miss them when I get a loaner.

Older cars have 4 spring loaded holders inside each cup holder that keep containers of different sizes secure. New cars don't have them so bottles just rattle and flop around if they aren't the exact same size as the holder. I always miss them when I get a loaner.

So this is without? I'm only a thousand past your car, but I guess that's far enough.
mCiZFPSb.jpg

Couldn't resist thinking that 2-3 years ago we were all "whoa a whole new storage area... yay innovation!!1" And now it's 'bleeeh the frunk is "tiny"'!
Taken out of context and if I didn't know EarlyAdopters stance better it could sound like an "everything is amazing but nobody is happy" moment!

Oh, hehe. Yeah, no. It's just that after living with the original, amazingly cavernous frunk in my first Model S for two years, going to the D frunk and losing that space to the front motor was a bit... jarring.

So, by fair comparison the Model X frunk has re-upped the utility back into the "amazingly cavernous" category in my mind, despite the front motor.

Just wanted to make sure we were comparing apples to apples, both AWD, frunks.