Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Frunk info (9/15)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no way they can cram 2 golf bags in the front of that thing. The frunk is confined by wheel wells to the sides and the car hasn't gotten longer or taller enough to accommodate 2 golf bags. Tesla Marketing must be at it again...

There is no way they can cram 2 golf bags in the front of that thing. The frunk is confined by wheel wells to the sides and the car hasn't gotten longer or taller enough to accommodate 2 golf bags. Tesla Marketing must be at it again...

Fairly deep frunk (vertically) with an angled area extending over the front motor might fit a couple of golf bags standing up (at an angle)? The 2012 unveil showed the frunk to been very deep and, if anything, the bonnet has only grown upwards.

It requires about 46" total length to fit a golf bag with clubs. If that will fit diagonally in the Frunk, that is great. Side to side, for two average bags (not Rodney Dangerfield sized), is about 22-24 inches. So a diagonal space 22x45 will suffice with the Funks closed.

model-x-frunk-750x422.jpg

model-x-frunk-2-750x428.jpg

http://insideevs.com/tesla-model-x-frunk-images/

Does anyone think the "New Frunk" design will come to the S as well? D cars frunk is kinda small and X is not that much larger of a car, right? I think the S Dual motor cars frunk size bugs Elon out. Have no clue how to rearrange components so that the funk can get bigger but somehow they figured it out with the X. I think it is the cross membrane that goes from one of the shock absorbers to the other that limits the space in the S the most.

What do you guys think?

Does anyone think the "New Frunk" design will come to the S as well? D cars frunk is kinda small and X is not that much larger of a car, right? I think the S Dual motor cars frunk size bugs Elon out. Have no clue how to rearrange components so that the funk can get bigger but somehow they figured it out with the X. I think it is the cross membrane that goes from one of the shock absorbers to the other that limits the space in the S the most.

What do you guys think?

The entire Model X is taller and a little wider than the Model S. The upper portion of the Model X frunk is above the top of the motor housing. On the Model S the motor housing extends to the top of the front area. It looks like they may have moved something on top of the front motor on the Model S somewhere else to make the frunk a more regular shape. I suppose it may be possible to squeeze a little more space into the Model SxxD frunk, but don't expect the size to come anywhere near the Model X frunk.

I think I saw some pic with the X overlaying the S in some thread here on TMC. Does someone know which pic I'm referring to? Can't seem to find it.

That frunk is amazing! I hope they have solved the closing mechanism better than the S also. I've only closed a frunk once. I could feel the aluminium flex under my hands and i was kinda gentle bcs I was with ppl from telsa store. Didn't feel good at all.

Better comparison is with the dual motor Model S frunk. It's tiny.

View attachment 95902

Couldn't resist thinking that 2-3 years ago we were all "whoa a whole new storage area... yay innovation!!1" And now it's 'bleeeh the frunk is "tiny"'!
Taken out of context and if I didn't know EarlyAdopters stance better it could sound like an "everything is amazing but nobody is happy" moment!