Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New FSD Beta Button for 2021 Refreshed Plaid and Long Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try a reboot of the car. Some said that fixed it not showing up on other cars.

Awesome! So it’s there for new S!
I’m torn about this - half of me is really excited, half of me worried about using FSD on city streets with the yoke..

I’ve watched some videos of FSD betas, and the steering <device> turns quite rapidly sometimes.

With a round steering wheel, you can easily keep your hands at the same positions (say, 9 and 3) and let the wheel slide through your palms/fingers, but if FSD isn’t doing what you want it to, it’s pretty easy to tighten yout grip on the wheel to take over.

I can imagine a situation where the yoke is turning more than one full revolution quickly while the car is doing something stupid, like heading toward a median/wall/biker/vehicle etc. and I’m not super confident it will be easy to take over quickly enough given the shape of the yoke..

I’m honestly not trying to create FUD here, but please be extra careful out there while on FSD with the yoke. Reports of how that’s working for you would be greatly appreciated!

Here's my version of the story....

1. Downloaded and installed 2021.32.22 (Yes, I pressed the button and more to enroll) - No issues
2. Updated iphone app to 4.1 - No issues
3. Logged out of and back into app - No Issues
4. Went or a drive. Engaged AP and later Autosteer. Had to "break the lock" a couple of times as AP/AS screwed up or was doing unsafe driving (yeah, really) - No issues
5. Returned home and parked car - No Issues
6. Went into app looking for driving score (waited five minutes, first) - Big issues; no data, no score (See #2 and #3 above, so not that).

Am I surprised? No. I suspect YOKE cars will be last to get the beta software, many revisions down the road.
@WilliamG
Update: Tried deleting the app and reinstalling - nada. When for another drive and waited five minutes to check the app - nada. I'm sticking with my conclusion above for now. Yoker's are out or last, when it comes to getting the actual beta FSD load.

• Informative
Reactions: impastu and Phlier
Update: Tried deleting the app and reinstalling - nada. When for another drive and waited five minutes to check the app - nada. I'm sticking with my conclusion above for now. Yoker's are out or last, when it comes to getting the actual beta FSD load.
I read that some people didn't see things in the app for hours. At least you have an iPhone. I have no idea what is going to happen with my Android since they are not on 4.1

Reactions: impastu
So I enrolled in the fsd beta in my plaid this morning and from what I read online they aren't monitoring high speeds or straight line acceleration. I know they mentioned cornering g-force but does this mean I can still 'have fun' in my plaid in a straight line and not have a negative impact on my safe score?

Here is how they handle the safety scoring for people who have not seen it:

So I enrolled in the fsd beta in my plaid this morning and from what I read online they aren't monitoring high speeds or straight line acceleration. I know they mentioned cornering g-force but does this mean I can still 'have fun' in my plaid in a straight line and not have a negative impact on my safe score?
Dunno. I am putting the 19s on the car today to test 0-60 times vs the 21s--think I will defer on button pushing until after, just to be safe. :)

Was going to say the same thing. People putting it into Chill mode is a bit pointless as if you go back to your normal driving, it seems FSD will be revoked. Or at least they threaten to, maybe they actually won't.
Yeah - sometime back Elon tweeting something about kicking people out of the closed beta for unsafe driving behavior.

^I read somewhere you have to drive over 10miles for it to update score at first. Did you drive over 10?
"
What’s required for me to get a Safety Score for my vehicle?
When available for your vehicle, you will see 'Safety Score' on the home screen of the Tesla app. To receive a Safety Score:

• Your vehicle must be on software update 2021.32.22 or later. To check the latest software version on your car, tap 'Software' on your touchscreen.
  • Your vehicle must be connected to a cellular or Wi-Fi network.
  • You need to take a trip that’s at least 0.1 miles on your vehicle."