Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New FSD Beta Button for 2021 Refreshed Plaid and Long Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My LA FSD experience is really different. I've gone just over 150 miles mostly FSD including stop-and-go traffic on the 10 and one fun punch of acceleration on a straight street at the foothills. Had 100 score until I misjudged a left turner in city street driving that didn't get into the turning lane fully... I saw it coming but didn't correct cuz I knew the car would handle it so that laziness dropped me to 97.

I figure maybe I'll get an invite in "two weeks."

I can't even imaging how FSD would handle this.
FSD and all other autonomy systems will be subject to bullying by meat computer drivers. The prime directive for silicon computer drivers is not to crash or injure anyone. So, vehicles driving autonomously will largely allow / enable bad behavior by the humans driving the other vehicles. Unless it could prevent a collision, I don't think autonomous vehicles will even honk at really bad driving.

I found that I will not get dinged for hitting objects in the road but will get dinged if I swerve aggressively or brake aggressively.

Also letting the regen hit hard counts as hard braking.

They need to find unsafe, crappy drivers - put them on FSD and show it makes them superstars on the road.

BTW, I had a 99 today (of 160 miles) so my wife put a gold star on my refrigerator.

I got dinged today for 'unsafe following' while in autopilot on the freeway. I have it on 7. It doesn't freakin' go any higher! And why are they judging me in autopilot anyway? Not supposed to. And on side streets I was 3 cars behind every driver. This is insane! Is this fixed so only a certain amount of people can get FSD at one time? Really beginning to wonder with random collision warnings and such.

I got dinged today for 'unsafe following' while in autopilot on the freeway. I have it on 7. It doesn't freakin' go any higher! And why are they judging me in autopilot anyway? Not supposed to. And on side streets I was 3 cars behind every driver. This is insane! Is this fixed so only a certain amount of people can get FSD at one time? Really beginning to wonder with random collision warnings and such.
Yep, experienced this as well. Not sure I’m even going to continue with this nonsense for a full week.

This was a bit strange. We have two Teslas under two different Tesla accounts. I pressed the button yesterday, then reinstalled my iPhone app after that and re-keyed it to my car (Nameless), but I wasn't getting the Safety Score in my app. My wife, who got the button before I did, a few days ago, pressed it then, was also not seeing the Safety Score on her iPhone.

However, she hadn't yet reinstalled her app, so she just now did it, went downstairs and re-keyed her app to Night Fury (her M3) and the second she did that, the Safety Score also showed up for Nameless in MY app.

You'd think that because there are two separate accounts, they should've operated totally independently. There's something about each of us being an authorized user on each other's accounts (that's how they set it up for us during delivery) that made it act rather bizarrely.

• Informative
Reactions: impastu
Check this out,

I got a safety score of 63 today. It’s just too much fun to drive and it’s excruciating to drive like a noob.

har. I found that I will not get dinged for hitting objects in the road but will get dinged if I swerve aggressively or brake aggressively.

Also letting the regen hit hard counts as hard braking.

They need to find unsafe, crappy drivers - put them on FSD and show it makes them superstars on the road.

BTW, I had a 99 today (of 160 miles) so my wife put a gold star on my refrigerator.
I'm down to 98 after a slow 6-mile trip in the rain to the post office to drop a letter in the drive-by slot.
The only time I remember braking less than grandma-like was when I had to stop right in front of the mail slot. And even that wasn't that hard.

I have a Model S LR and still haven't gotten this button, or the update required< I think i'm one update behind - anyone else waiting? Or are we beyond it at this point?
My MSLR took a few more days than my wife's M3 to get the 22 update (I got it two days ago). You should be seeing it soon.

Reactions: impastu
Pretty certain you start being scored as soon as opt into the beta. Regardless of whether or not you have the data in your app. I do not even think the app update is required for FSD beta, as it enables absolutely nothing with FSD beta. The score is just transparency on Tesla's part.
Google Pkay has not released the update, but it is available. I did this, version 4.1.0 downloaded quickly and I can access scores