Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New FSD Beta Button for 2021 Refreshed Plaid and Long Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought. Would there be any correlation between FSD and the yoke? Maybe they have people testing just that. One person posted about his 2021 pre refresh. He mentioned not putting you fingers/hands inside the wheel as the FSD can aggressively turn wheel? Just a thought.

• Informative
Reactions: Dan D. and impastu
I think this is exactly it.
ITs not it. The Refresh has differnt chips. They have quite a bit of work to port FSD to the new models. Not even early access people have FSD on the refresh. By early access I mean the people that were at the refresh launch, all 21 cars are in the beta. THey don't have it, and I don't expect us to see it this year.

Last edited:
ITs not it. The Refresh has differnt chips. They have quite a bit of work to port FSD to the new models. Not even early access people have FSD on the refresh. By early access I mean the people that were at the refresh launch, all 21 cars are in the beta. THey don't have it, and I don't expect us to see it this year, or next.
@cytranic, you do appear to be insightful on posts I've seen. So would you please give your thoughts on this FSD on refresh?

@cytranic, you do appear to be insightful on posts I've seen. So would you please give your thoughts on this FSD on refresh?
Really my only insight is knowing one of those 21 cars and they get direct responses from Tesla on why its delayed. So far we know its a different stack. Meaning FSD has to be ported over. This means they need to divert resources from current FSD team to what I'm calling HW3.5 stack on the new refresh. I think Tesla is trying to please the masses (Early Model S, Model 3, Model Y). They don't have the resources to divert the Auto Pilot team to the new cars yet.

Again, this is sort of my opinion based on 3rd party knowledge of the situation. I really hope I'm incorrect, but I feel I might be spot on.

• Informative
Reactions: impastu and cwanja
Really my only insight is knowing one of those 21 cars and they get direct responses from Tesla on why its delayed. So far we know its a different stack. Meaning FSD has to be ported over. This means they need to divert resources from current FSD team to what I'm calling HW3.5 stack on the new refresh. I think Tesla is trying to please the masses (Early Model S, Model 3, Model Y). They don't have the resources to divert the Auto Pilot team to the new cars yet.

Again, this is sort of my opinion based on 3rd party knowledge of the situation. I really hope I'm incorrect, but I feel I might be spot on.
That's not true. The early Model S & X people were forgotten in the FSD Beta update.

Then why did they push the software to us refresh car owners to allow us to opt in and go through the safety score BS for weeks thinking we would get the beta? Why didn't they tell us up front that the refresh cars weren't getting it?

ITs not it. The Refresh has differnt chips. They have quite a bit of work to port FSD to the new models. Not even early access people have FSD on the refresh. By early access I mean the people that were at the refresh launch, all 21 cars are in the beta. THey don't have it, and I don't expect us to see it this year.
What about this guy?

Attachments

• BADD96F1-1BFB-431E-8334-9412B3194A72.jpeg
    BADD96F1-1BFB-431E-8334-9412B3194A72.jpeg
    303.6 KB · Views: 57

I have no insight as to what is happening behind the curtain, but my experience with the car supports this--whatever HW/SW stack is running in the car is its own thing and I expect the refreshes to trail the rest of the fleet.

Reactions: impastu
Well, TBH, all we have seen is the visualization up and running so far...
I suppose @vincent13031925 could be lying but seems kind of odd if he is. "Sexiest combination: Yoke + Beta".

Additionally I believe Elon drives a refresh S and is using the FSD Beta and has even said that he runs the latest build before it is released. I am not being contrary, I just don't believe we know ALL the facts to be saying it won't available for months because of the Refresh S chipset

Last edited:
Yes, the UI is different as well (a hybrid between v10 and not yet released v11), so there's that. They should also not have been surprised by a yoke/FSD interaction, as they designed and pushed both - and have had since April/May to release beta FSD to their elite EAP/NDA testers with yoke cars. It's not like they woke up on 10/8 and said, "shite, I wonder how the spinning yoke will play with FSD...." and just started testing that this week...... What's BS is they installed the "button" on the yoke cars, and never intended (it seems) to release beta FSD to these cars initially, while leading everyone to believe they would, if you had a "perfect score". More likely, the plan was to delay the yoke installs, silently, but they still wanted the yoke sheep drivers to collect much needed data for them....

Reactions: impastu
I suppose @vincent13031925 could be lying but seems kind of odd if he is. "Sexiest combination: Yoke + Beta".
I am not saying he is lying, we have the pic. I am just pointing out that better visualization is one thing and FSD support is another. In the AP menu, "FSD visualization preview" is a settable option. I guess we'll have to see if there is a follow-up video that shows FSD beta in action.

Update:
Never mind, I forgot that he specifically mentioned 10.2 and FSD beta in the other Twitter thread

Last edited: