Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New FSD Beta Button for 2021 Refreshed Plaid and Long Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am just going to opt out and go back to enjoying the drive until Tesla gets their act together.
Hey if you opt out, will you let us know if the option remains on the screen to opt back in? Or does the "button" just go away completely. It would be nice to know what happens. Does our Safety Score remain as is and pick back up the day you opt back in? Does it completely start over from scratch? I wish Tesla would be more forthcoming, so we can make informed decisions as refreshed S owners.

Well nice catch, my information was up to date to date as of 2 days ago. Let me reach out and see if my guy got it. Looks like he just posted that image yesterday
@cytranic And when reaching out, please try to get specifics, such as...

1) Are they in the EAP program, or just a "regular Public Joe" like us
2) Are they running the released "Public" beta (i.e., .25) firmware, or some other "Not Public" release
3) When did they receive their beta FSD load? 10/10 like "the Public" or sometime after - when many yokers expressed discontent when Telsa silently passed these yokers over, on 10/10 (even though these yokers played the game and held 100 perfect scores)

Reactions: impastu
Hey if you opt out, will you let us know if the option remains on the screen to opt back in? Or does the "button" just go away completely. It would be nice to know what happens. Does our Safety Score remain as is and pick back up the day you opt back in? Does it completely start over from scratch? I wish Tesla would be more forthcoming, so we can make informed decisions as refreshed S owners.

I did opt out. My drives after have been just as safe but more relaxing.

The opt in button is still there. My saftey score was still on my app for a while - nothing erased but it did not count trips since opting out. Now, the safety score is not on the app at all.

Maybe I will opt back in later and see what it does.

The opt in button is still there. My saftey score was still on my app for a while - nothing erased but it did not count trips since opting out. Now, the safety score is not on the app at all.

Keep us posted. Thanks for sharing your experience with opting out.

@cytranic And when reaching out, please try to get specifics, such as...

1) Are they in the EAP program, or just a "regular Public Joe" like us
2) Are they running the released "Public" beta (i.e., .25) firmware, or some other "Not Public" release
3) When did they receive their beta FSD load? 10/10 like "the Public" or sometime after - when many yokers expressed discontent when Telsa silently passed these yokers over, on 10/10 (even though these yokers played the game and held 100 perfect scores)

1) Elons buddy, regularly replies to him on Twitter

2) 2021.32.26 like Vincent Wu I assume

3) See 2, probably around the same time, special people privilegessss

Well I’m happy to see that it at least exists and the amount of refresh owners with high scores is likely limited so when it does finally roll out to more cars I’m sure you will be one of the first.
Agreed. A very small population- very easy to ignore and get away with doing so as no influencer, publication, magazine would pick up the story. Just not enough “clicks” in it for them. Never again will I purchase a niche-Tesla product; just high volume main stream products that they fully support (because they can’t afford not to).

• Funny
Reactions: cwanja
Agreed. A very small population- very easy to ignore and get away with doing so as no influencer, publication, magazine would pick up the story. Just not enough “clicks” in it for them. Never again will I purchase a niche-Tesla product; just high volume main stream products that they fully support (because they can’t afford not to).

Yeahhhhh, feeling like I should have traded in my S for a Y when I was considering it.

I’m getting a little worried my AP2 hardware S will never see FSD in my ownership, realistically only got another 2 more years before I’d like to sell. Crossing my fingers to see some AP2 S or X in the next rollout even if it’s not me.

Sorry to see you go.... for now. It is a glimpse of life again without freaking out when someone in LA cuts you off and you have to slam on the brakes and it ruins your day. Your info is valuable and appreciated. If you opt back in, update us and let us know if the Safety Score resets or picks back up where it left off.

Yeahhhhh, feeling like I should have traded in my S for a Y when I was considering it.

I’m getting a little worried my AP2 hardware S will never see FSD in my ownership, realistically only got another 2 more years before I’d like to sell. Crossing my fingers to see some AP2 S or X in the next rollout even if it’s not me.
I hear you. I purchased FSD on my early M3 and never got much for that purchase, before trading it and a Subaru for the Plaid and MYP. I can say the higher volume MYP is much better assembled and tighter than my hand built Plaid. Don’t get me wrong, however, the Plaid is nice, but you can tell where Tesla put the manufacturing and quality money. Panel gaps on the MYP are 50% that of the gaps on the Plaid. No joke, they really are.

Reactions: boonedocks