Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New FSD Beta Button for 2021 Refreshed Plaid and Long Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone recalibrated their cameras more than once? The lane demarcation lines on preview are wavy. I’m curious if anyone recalibrated and it resolved or reduce the issue.
I recalibrated mine once after it went to service. It was riding the left lane marker. It stopped that issue and recentered, however the lane markings still wave on certain roads.

Reactions: impastu and jebinc
I just got back from a 2,800 mile trip through mountains, construction, large cities, etc., and did my best and got a 97 score. It is pretty **** hard to pass someone on a two lane road safely without getting a following too close ding, and braking on the interstate as traffic dictates is also super challenging. Really, if that isn't enough of a score for that much real world pretty safe driving, then Tesla's algorithm is goofy.

I was on my way to 99% when the car got “scared” by a construction cone. It resulted in a forward collision warning and that dropped to 96%. No idea how I got 100 average forward collision warning score on a 5 miles drive.
After testing their “safety score” I am happy that I am not using Tesla insurance.

For those who got 100% - how did you do it in city driving conditions?

I am kinda curious to see how this works out for Tesla Insurance. It's one thing of the Safety Score prevents me from getting the beta, it would be another if it starts costing me actual money through higher premiums.
@omarsultan If you have Tesla insurance, that may be the case. There was a rate-to-score monthly pricing table posted earlier; yesterday, I think.

Reactions: impastu
No, I do not, last time I checked, the Tesla Insurance couldn't touch what I was paying, but they did just turn this on in Texas.
For the most part, from what I am seeing in local groups, Tesla Insurance is not coming anywhere near close to regular rates from traditional providers. One thing everyone is all up in arms over too is the fact that the data is coming from the car. As if Tesla was not already collecting that.

I am almost at 99. Pretty sure I can make it to there by next Friday. Do we know if there is any other Refresh S that got FSD Beta besides the two "influencers'? It would suck working this hard and still not qualifying because of being a refresh vehicle.

I am done with this game. Today a cyclist jumped in front of me and I got hard breaking and forward collision warning. I come to the conclusion that it is nearly impossible to get 100% in busy urban traffic.
Since I quit I am much more relaxed and probably better driver. Will get the FSD when I get it. Anyway, I have a feeling that it will be more hype than reality - for sure it will not be able to get 100% score :)

I am almost at 99. Pretty sure I can make it to there by next Friday. Do we know if there is any other Refresh S that got FSD Beta besides the two "influencers'? It would suck working this hard and still not qualifying because of being a refresh vehicle.
@brunla Yes, all of us yokers with 100 scores got the update early yesterday.