Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New FSD Beta Button for 2021 Refreshed Plaid and Long Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am done with this game. Today a cyclist jumped in front of me and I got hard breaking and forward collision warning. I come to the conclusion that it is nearly impossible to get 100% in busy urban traffic.
Since I quit I am much more relaxed and probably better driver. Will get the FSD when I get it. Anyway, I have a feeling that it will be more hype than reality - for sure it will not be able to get 100% score :)
I agree. It is very difficult to get a perfect score in urban driving with all those circles and traffic congestion. Straight out of my driveway I had to break in my crowded neighborhood. I could only get 94 before I sold the car. Now I have to wait and redo the score after I take my delivery in Dec. Hopefully, by then Tesla would have worked out the kinks.

Reactions: impastu
Just an observation, but the fact that this thread is as relatively short and compared to other threads infrequently updated says something about the FSD button roll-out. I think that there may be fewer people out there that actually care about this than I might have thought initially.
[edit: perhaps I am jaded by the Model S delivery update thread that I followed while waiting. A few minutes delay between posts was pretty rare :))

More people without FSD than have FSD. Then a limited number of people have gotten it so far. Upwards of a thousand since it was "wide-released". I suspect as more people get it, there will be more discussions. I am at 99, so it will be interesting to see what happens Friday!

Reactions: cwanja and impastu
More people without FSD than have FSD. Then a limited number of people have gotten it so far. Upwards of a thousand since it was "wide-released". I suspect as more people get it, there will be more discussions. I am at 99, so it will be interesting to see what happens Friday!
I’m hanging at 99 too since last Friday night with fingers crossed. Luckily my son is out of country on a surf trip so I stole his smelly ICE car for the week to avoid an unexpected drive that would knock me off the list. Fingers crossed for both of us 🤞🏾

Though some do post videos I believe this is prohibited by Tesla for Early Access members who then receive FSD. A while ago someone explained that if you wanted to be part of EA you had to accept the terms of a non disclosure agreement. If you didn’t want to do that then you couldn’t sign up.
It could just be people are following the rules. Never did find a definitive answer on how many EA members there are out there.

Was it Elon (or maybe others in various forums) who talked about FSD someday having settings about how aggressive (but still safe) the FSD driving would be? In any case, I can image that Tesla is taking driving examples from different segments of the safety scores (provided they're still safe with no wrecks, etc.) to teach and tune the system to have different styles.

Given the significant driving modifications required for me to achieve and maintain my 99 score, Tesla should call my style "Sedated" or "No Spills"! Anyone watching me take turns at traffic lights must think that either I'm passing out or I'm trying not to spill a margarita. 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: smf72 and impastu
I am at 99 as well in my Plaid is it possible to go from 99 to 100 before Friday :)
If you'd like to bring out your inner OCD -- use this file by @n.one.one

Found out I only need 956 perfect miles to get to 100. That's why Contessa's on time-out and staying in the garage until after the Friday possible 99-er release. And if I get passed over; no worries. It was a fun game to play!

Found out I only need 956 perfect miles to get to 100. That's why Contessa's on time-out and staying in the garage until after the Friday possible 99-er release. And if I get passed over; no worries. It was a fun game to play!
No, it was not a fun game to play.

Alrighty. 99'er and got it. Also got Autopark! (Must have been waiting for vision?) And Safety Score is gone from app! It's like Christmas morning!
First impressions - way more aggressive than I thought it would be after driving like a grandma for the last month. Makes turns quickly. Definitely a little scary at times with the yoke and not naturally being able to have a place to put your hands at all times during turns. Very impressed thus far in the few drives I have done. It's not relaxing at all, We are quite a ways off from that, but it's definitely fun. I recommend setting FSD to Chill and reducing speed to -5 from speed limit while you get used to it.

Alrighty. 99'er and got it. Also got Autopark! (Must have been waiting for vision?) And Safety Score is gone from app! It's like Christmas morning!
First impressions - way more aggressive than I thought it would be after driving like a grandma for the last month. Makes turns quickly. Definitely a little scary at times with the yoke and not naturally being able to have a place to put your hands at all times during turns. Very impressed thus far in the few drives I have done. It's not relaxing at all, We are quite a ways off from that, but it's definitely fun. I recommend setting FSD to Chill and reducing speed to -5 from speed limit while you get used to it.
Got it too! Did great the first drive. After that I couldn't get it activate. I am getting a message stating it is not available at that time. Tried on a few drives. I then re-set the car and it worked really well. However had the same issue again, it is now not activating. I did get autopark and tried it. Worked really well

Got it too! Did great the first drive. After that I couldn't get it activate. I am getting a message stating it is not available at that time. Tried on a few drives. I then re-set the car and it worked really well. However had the same issue again, it is now not activating. I did get autopark and tried it. Worked really well
So strange. Mine has been working fine all day. Although a few weird braking incidents on city streets. Haven't been on a freeway yet.

Apparently, they are rolling back and disabling FSD beta due to issues.

• Informative
Reactions: cwanja and impastu