Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New FSD details

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
18 Oct 2018: They removed FSD from the Design Studio
11 Dec 2018: Elon tweeted about the computer swap (screenshot below).
27 Dec 2018: Elon said the computer swap will be free. See the screenshot in my previous message.
12 Feb 2019: In a podcast here Elon said new FSD features require HW3
1 Mar 2019: Tesla blog post here says the difference between buying AP and FSD in the past and buying it now is that it's now cheaper

Based on these details, it is clear that anybody who bought FSD will get the HW3 computer swap for free regardless of when they bought FSD or how much they paid.

sTgDSUL.gif

Elon frequently lists some feature standard for AP2 when that really isn't true. Sentry mode and Dashcam are a great example. His tweet at the link below said anyone with AP2 hardware but what he really meant to say is AP2 hardware with MCU2 also. The email above was sent to employees to invite them to buy cars. This was sent when any car you order would be AP2.5 already. So even though it says cameras and radar are the same, those of us with AP2.0 hardware should not assume our cameras and radar are the same.

Tesla is working on ‘Sentry Mode’ for 360° dashcam surveillance, says Elon Musk
Oh I know all that. Just making a visual point. I didn’t write that and I can’t read “in to” it what Elon “might have meant” but I do know the CET Chief Executive Tweeter has said, tweeted, podcasted, earnings report calls, media calls, interviews..etc....etc.....etc.....basically a LOT of things that he is going to be held accountable for at some point. That is just yet another. If someone trustworthy enough at Tesla would just end all the speculation and unease Elon has caused then all will be fine and we can move forward. The three ring circus that has been created is no good to anyone!!

Elon frequently lists some feature standard for AP2 when that really isn't true. Sentry mode and Dashcam are a great example. His tweet at the link below said anyone with AP2 hardware but what he really meant to say is AP2 hardware with MCU2 also. The email above was sent to employees to invite them to buy cars. This was sent when any car you order would be AP2.5 already. So even though it says cameras and radar are the same, those of us with AP2.0 hardware should not assume our cameras and radar are the same.

https://electrek.co/2019/01/22/tesla-sentry-mode-360-dashcam-elon-musk/

AP2.0 + MCU2 from Tesla has never existed

Reactions: OPRCE
Oh I know all that. Just making a visual point. I didn’t write that and I can’t read “in to” it what Elon “might have meant” but I do know the CET Chief Executive Tweeter has said, tweeted, podcasted, earnings report calls, media calls, interviews..etc....etc.....etc.....basically a LOT of things that he is going to be held accountable for at some point. That is just yet another. If someone trustworthy enough at Tesla would just end all the speculation and unease Elon has caused then all will be fine and we can move forward. The three ring circus that has been created is no good to anyone!!

I fully agree.

Reactions: David29
This is exactly why I am not interested to buy FSD: we'll find out soon that even features for EAP might require AP2.0 people to upgrade to new hardware (cameras, MCU and at least AP2.5)

I swear we were promised 360 views a long time ago as another example.

The good news is that AP2.0 people are probably only 15% of the entire fleet of Teslas and many will be off leases or traded in by the time this becomes an pain for Tesla.

18 Oct 2018: They removed FSD from the Design Studio
11 Dec 2018: Elon tweeted about the computer swap (screenshot below).
27 Dec 2018: Elon said the computer swap will be free. See the screenshot in my previous message.
12 Feb 2019: In a podcast here Elon said new FSD features require HW3
1 Mar 2019: Tesla blog post here says the difference between buying AP and FSD in the past and buying it now is that it's now cheaper

Based on these details, it is clear that anybody who bought FSD will get the HW3 computer swap for free regardless of when they bought FSD or how much they paid.

sTgDSUL.gif
Well Elon after speaking with three Tesla reps and getting different answers, think I will wait until you say HW 3.0 is on the street before I upgrade to FSD for 2 bills.
Btw the last rep I spoke with today advised to wait too, since I have EAP.

Reactions: fbitz777
Admittedly I did not read all sixteen pages of responses, but I just wanted to say that EAP does everything I need for now. In fact maybe even just basic AP since I never summon my car nor Navigate On Autopilot.

But things may change in my later years...

Reactions: Gt1948
So... we don't actually have any cars yet with HW3, right? Just reiterating that until someone gets a HW3 upgrade we really don't know if any of the FSD features touted will be delivered by SW or by a HW/SW upgrade.

Some even say they are getting SW updates after they purchase the FSD upgrade. What's in that?

So... we don't actually have any cars yet with HW3, right? Just reiterating that until someone gets a HW3 upgrade we really don't know if any of the FSD features touted will be delivered by SW or by a HW/SW upgrade.

Some even say they are getting SW updates after they purchase the FSD upgrade. What's in that?
I think they are just referring to the car status showing you have paid for it and will be entitled when it is ready.
Like maybe just a purchase confirmation on note on the car screen

• Informative
Reactions: fbitz777
Where did you get that information from? I have AP 2.0 and my rear camera gives a beautiful colour picture.

Here are the exact difference between 2.0 and 2.5. No mention of camera's being different

Tesla has a new Autopilot ‘2.5’ hardware suite with more computing power for autonomous driving
AP2.5 changed the camera (not the backup) from grey grey grey red to grey grey blue red cameras. Go check out the Autonomous forum. Lots of info on the differences between AP2.0 and 2.5.

Being a long time customer, I learned how to read their marketing. Remember 691hp car (which customers were supposed to have known that it was just a number for the motors, but the car would be limited by the battery to 463hp).

0-60 in 2.3 seconds!
You're hung up on Horse Power??? There are cars with that Horse Power and more that are slower... most likely someone at the Big 3 talked someone into making the rating skew against the Model S, because my F430 has 490hp which is more than 463 that my Model S is "limited to"
My 430 is 3.8 seconds 0-60, so...

Reactions: PrGrPa
0-60 in 2.3 seconds!
0-60km/h maybe. Even Tesla doesn't claim P85D can do 0-60mph in 2.3s. You're probably believing one of Elon's "700hp P85D" slogans.

You're hung up on Horse Power???
Because it implies 50mph-90mph, which wasn't advertised. And no, 50mph-90mph is nowhere near what a 691hp 4600lb car should be able to do.

MotorTrend is NOT Elon
https://www.motortrend.com/cars/tesla/model-s/2017/2017-tesla-model-s-p100d-first-test-review/
2.28 seconds
I'm believing my ACTUAL Car that I own.
And P100D is not P85D. P100D actually does produce close to 691hp, excellent example of how a 691hp P85D should be performing, but doesn't.

This is another big problem of Elon's, sometimes he actually delivers what he sells, except not to the people who paid for it in the first place. In this case he sold P85D owners on 691hp, but didn't deliver it until 3 battery redesigns later in a P100D. Had he offered all P85D owners a free upgrade to a P100D or even a retrofit to a software locked P100D, sure, but he didn't. The cost of the upgrade when I checked was $80K+ at the time P100D became available.

You have perfectly illustrated how Elon bamboozles people. He sells features which are not delivered to people who pays for it, but then when the feature gets delivered to next generation cars, he claims it's delivered, so the general public like you thinks he did deliver. In 10 years, when people who bought FSD will express their disappointment how it doesn't work close to what the description said in 2016, people like you will point to a brand 2029 Model S and how it comes close to FSD from 2016.

Last edited:
And P100D is not P85D. P100D actually does produce close to 691hp, excellent example of how a 691hp P85D should be performing, but doesn't.

This is another big problem of Elon's, sometimes he actually delivers what he sells, except not to the people who paid for it in the first place. In this case he sold P85D owners on 691hp, but didn't deliver it until 3 battery redesigns later in a P100D. Had he offered all P85D owners a free upgrade to a P100D or even a retrofit to a software locked P100D, sure, but he didn't. The cost of the upgrade when I checked was $80K+ at the time P100D became available.

You have perfectly illustrated how Elon bamboozles people. He sells features which are not delivered to people who pays for it, but then when the feature gets delivered to next generation cars, he claims it's delivered, so the general public like you thinks he did deliver. In 10 years, when people who bought FSD will express their disappointment how it doesn't work close to what the description said in 2016, people like you will point to a brand 2029 Model S and how it comes close to FSD from 2016.

But my Car delivers the Acceleration I thought it would. 2.3...
I think EVERYONE will fall short of FSD cause it is so complex to cover all the combinations, so I bought FSD simply to have what I have now & hopefully the Stop Lights & such down the road.
I for one will supervise it even if it ever reaches Approval where I am not required.
Why did you Buy 3 of these that you hate with such a passion???