Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New FSD model Y- 3 weeks 100 score no fsd yet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I gave up a couple months ago. My score is 39. I’m not going to drive my car like a wuss just for a chance to get into the FSD Beta.

It’s based on some of the stupidest things too. Gee, if I want an early warning on Forward Collisions then the score goes down. I could turn it off all together and be fine.

My following distance is too close, even though its generously farther away than Autopilot follows (even when increasing the distance).

I’m sorry I can’t brake hard or corner hard? What’s the point of having a Performance model.

Reactions: Rusty1
I gave up a couple months ago. My score is 39. I’m not going to drive my car like a wuss just for a chance to get into the FSD Beta.

It’s based on some of the stupidest things too. Gee, if I want an early warning on Forward Collisions then the score goes down. I could turn it off all together and be fine.

My following distance is too close, even though its generously farther away than Autopilot follows (even when increasing the distance).

I’m sorry I can’t brake hard or corner hard? What’s the point of having a Performance model.
With a score of 39 you proved their reasoning for the IQ test. Lol

Reactions: Gadget63
With a score of 39 you proved their reasoning for the IQ test. Lol
Ha, none of the attributes on my score are about attentiveness. I could easily game the Forward Collision warning by turning it off or setting it to Late, but I actually prefer early... But having someone cutting you off and activating slams the score down. I was easily running 98+ for over a month even with it set to Medium. I drove 8000 miles (not a typo) within the span of a month traveling for family health concerns, so yeah I played the game and still didn't get in FSD Beta.

They have enough controls to make sure we are paying attention while using autopilot. How does cornering harder than they like have to do with how the car is driving?

Once I got back home I decided I didn't buy the performance model to never enjoy the car so I drive it hard and not like a retired boomer with glaucoma. When v10 FSD is released I'll hopefully get to enjoy an AP system that doesn't drive like a meth addict coming down from a high

Ha, none of the attributes on my score are about attentiveness. I could easily game the Forward Collision warning by turning it off or setting it to Late, but I actually prefer early... But having someone cutting you off and activating slams the score down. I was easily running 98+ for over a month even with it set to Medium. I drove 8000 miles (not a typo) within the span of a month traveling for family health concerns, so yeah I played the game and still didn't get in FSD Beta.

They have enough controls to make sure we are paying attention while using autopilot. How does cornering harder than they like have to do with how the car is driving?

Once I got back home I decided I didn't buy the performance model to never enjoy the car so I drive it hard and not like a retired boomer with glaucoma. When v10 FSD is released I'll hopefully get to enjoy an AP system that doesn't drive like a meth addict coming down from a high

The forward collision warning settings that you can set do not change the safety score algorithm (which is always medium). You should set your forward collision warning to medium just so you know when the safety score algorithm detected a FCW or not.

The forward collision warning settings that you can set do not change the safety score algorithm (which is always medium). You should set your forward collision warning to medium just so you know when the safety score algorithm detected a FCW or not.
Then why when it was set to early, any time it would activate it would reflect in the safety score? Did they change it in January?

Setting it to late didnt cause any more of that score to drop.

In any case I reset my safety score after I unsub'd in January and re-subbed, probably haven't put more than 1000 miles since then, but yeah a few canyon runs, one with a buddy with an M car drops that score fast 😁

Then why when it was set to early, any time it would activate it would reflect in the safety score? Did they change it in January?

Setting it to late didnt cause any more of that score to drop.

In any case I reset my safety score after I unsub'd in January and re-subbed, probably haven't put more than 1000 miles since then, but yeah a few canyon runs, one with a buddy with an M car drops that score fast 😁

Anecdotal evidence probably? You just happened to not get more FCW after changing the user set setting. Correlation does not imply causation.

If you turn off the FCW as a user setting, you can still definitely get FCW dings on your safety score.

Well then as someone that prefers to drive like a top gun rocket pilot they likely did you a favor by not adding you to the list as Beta FSD IS setup to drive cautious unlike an Indy 500 candidate. In my view, the Beta test is designed to acclimate you to the Beta experience ahead. Clearly Not what you would have liked so a win for you!

Well then as someone that prefers to drive like a top gun rocket pilot they likely did you a favor by not adding you to the list as Beta FSD IS setup to drive cautious unlike an Indy 500 candidate. In my view, the Beta test is designed to acclimate you to the Beta experience ahead. Clearly Not what you would have liked so a win for you!
Dude stop with this it's not an IQ test, stop insulting. The scoring to get in is a CYA. You have to play the "game" to get in. And really when you're using FSD you're not driving so how's that equate to one's driving???

Oddly that post says nothing about IQ. That was a simple joke in the previous post. Read what I wrote that you quoted, pretty much explained it.
I took your posts as a whole. And those are two different things, how FSD drives and how one drives individually. Inferring that a more aggressive driver cannot appreciate being driven by FSD... what is that??

Reactions: jj3884
Oddly that post says nothing about IQ. That was a simple joke in the previous post. Read what I wrote that you quoted, pretty much explained it.
I got that it was a joke, but he's not wrong it's CYA. The Safety Score just so happened to be an existing mechanism they could leverage.

I don't know how you get more acclimated to the FSD Beta than using the current AP/FSD. Lol I stopped using AP after I didn't care about getting into the Beta. Which is fine, phantom braking, recognizing street lights on major highways lane, how it treats merge lanes, all pretty bad and not the experience I was looking for. Hopefully FSD 10 fixes all that, but all the YouTube vids are focused on city street driving (no single stack yet right?).

Quite frankly I only sub to FSD mainly for the summon feature, which is handy for my garage.

***EDITED***
Fixed autocorrect spelling.
Also, I put over 5000 miles on FSD AP freeway driving in that month. In various road conditions. As well as countless miles on street. I'm perfectly fine with AP being safer than me.

I got that it was a joke, but he's not wrong it's CYA. The Safety Score just so happened to be an existing mechanism they could leverage.

I don't know how you get more acclimated to the FSD Beta than using the current AP/FSD. Lol I stopped using AP after I didn't care about getting into the Beta. Which is fine, phantom braking, recognizing street lights on major highways lane, how it treats merge lanes, all pretty bad and not the experience I was looking for. Hopefully FSD 10 fixes all that, but all the YouTube vids are focused on city street driving (no single stack yet right?).

Quite frankly I only sub to FSD mainly for the summon feature, which is handy for my garage.

***EDITED***
Fixed autocorrect spelling.
Also, I put over 5000 miles on FSD AP freeway driving in that month. In various road conditions. As well as countless miles on street. I'm perfectly fine with AP being safer than me.
You seem to have a fair attitude and perspective. I said acclimated because you (as was I in my MYP) enjoy the “spirited“ aspect of driving the car. FSD Beta is literally the Opposite of spirited lol. I enjoy it a lot but it IS like driving as passenger with a senior citizen driving. Not that it’s bad but Far from spirited fun. The Beta test is acclimating you to understand how it will drive with that feature. On the plus side, once you Get into Beta the score is gone and you get to drive crazy when you wish again with Beta off. Hope that makes sense.

Reactions: Rusty1

Yo you must be a god awful driver LOLOL

Yo you must be a god awful driver LOLOL
Trust me, better than you 😁
You seem to have a fair attitude and perspective. I said acclimated because you (as was I in my MYP) enjoy the “spirited“ aspect of driving the car. FSD Beta is literally the Opposite of spirited lol. I enjoy it a lot but it IS like driving as passenger with a senior citizen driving. Not that it’s bad but Far from spirited fun. The Beta test is acclimating you to understand how it will drive with that feature. On the plus side, once you Get into Beta the score is gone and you get to drive crazy when you wish again with Beta off. Hope that makes sense.
For sure, I got ya.

I want FSD to succeed. My worry is the level of cherry picking going on right now in the Beta will be to the detriment to everyone once it's released. People who want to keep their scores higher than 96 are doing so for a purpose, not driving like they do normally (or don't live in any major population centers) do, or removing themselves in conditions they know will get them in trouble. I was guilty of that. Checking my scores constantly, driving way too cautiously (which also puts other drivers at risk).

AP help save my life (and the pups in my car) on one of the 1900 mile journeys. A Car, that came up from behind, in the lane left to mine, decided to turn into my lane as it was passing me (rainy night, near Portland). Not quite positive who's reaction was quicker, mine or AP but either way I'm sure it helped keep the car stable/recover.

Reactions: Yelobird
@Jeffruby I think they've stopped rolling out to FSD beta to new participants. Not sure why but reports of around 60,000 users might be at the limits on the amount of data they can ingest for now. For example, I'm seeing 5-6 GB of data uploaded to Tesla after a short 10 mile drive on FSD beta.