Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New fuse box design? (RHD, Jul/Aug15 produce)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was trying to install dash cam for my P85D (RHD, produced in Jul1/Aug5), popped out the plastic cover in the frunk, and surprisingly I saw this:
image.jpg

Fuse box #2 and Fuse box #3 have merged into one, and I could not find Fuse box #1 either.
image.jpg

I looked through the manual in my car, the manual is still referring to the old Fuse box design. The fuse numbering is different too.
image.jpg

Anyone have info on this new fuse box? I want to tap one "always on" and one "ACC" for my dash. I have looked everywhere and cannot find any info on this.

bump.

Need to find the fuse for the glove box light/ OBD II port which used to be fuse 47. Does anyone have an idea where the other fuse box is located? The owners manual still shows the old diagram of the 3 fuse boxes. My new car has the above pictured fuse box.

Thanks!
Kevin

• Informative
Reactions: Nosken
Check you manual (in car, on the touch screen) you should have the info there. These pics are from my car with the previous fuse holders.
He specifically said his in-car manual hasn't been updated, though.

I'll take this opportunity to note that Tesla does a poor job of maintaining the electronic manuals. It's impossible to tell if any of the information in it actually applies to your specific vehicle, or only the newest Model S available.

Some examples:
  • My car was produced before Tesla eliminated the center LATCH carseat position. The in-car manual had the diagrams and instructions for proper LATCH installation removed. I have to reference the paper manual delivered with the car to get accurate information.
  • I don't have the rear-facing seats. On the section for opening the rear hatch, it definitively states there's a button for opening the trunk within the trunk area. It fails to note that button is only present on vehicles with rear-facing seats. (Edit: Seems they fixed this mismatch since I trapped myself in the trunk and had to use the manual release some months ago)
  • If you have the old steering wheel, the manual inverts the turn signal and cruise control stalks.
  • Good luck making any sense of the Instrument Panel section when what's on your non-AP vehicle bears no resemblance whatsoever to what is provided in the User Manual
It's bad. I can't rely on the in-car manual for anything.

• Informative
Reactions: TaoJones
Check you manual (in car, on the touch screen) you should have the info there. These pics are from my car with the previous fuse holders.

View attachment 167328 View attachment 167329

Yes, I know the manual and yes my manual is also showing this exact same info. If you look though to the pictures, you see the fuse box is completely different compared to the info from the manual.

Yes, I know the manual and yes my manual is also showing this exact same info. If you look though to the pictures, you see the fuse box is completely different compared to the info from the manual.
Correct.

It is a shame that a "user serviceable" part such as a simple fuse is shrouded in Tesla secrecy. I actually went to the service center and told them that it is a fuse that blew and asked them if they could show or tell me where the fuse box is. They wouldn't tell me. They even said to look in the manual! I reminded them that the fuses had changed and the manual was not updated. Anyway, the car is going in for installation of the second charger on Thursday and they are going to look at the "fuse" situation then as well. Right now i have no glove box light, no power at the OBD II port( this is how I confirmed it was fuse 47), and I have the TPMS light on the dash and no reading of tire pressure. They kind of even insinuated that my lighted Tesla T on the front may of caused the problem. They even insinuated that it wouldn't be covered! Really, a replacement of a fuse is not covered? Well, the light is working and it is routed to come on and off with the headlights so if that was the cause of the problem then the T and the lights wouldn't work!

Was trying to install dash cam for my P85D (RHD, produced in Jul1/Aug5), popped out the plastic cover in the frunk, and surprisingly I saw this:
View attachment 94498

Fuse box #2 and Fuse box #3 have merged into one, and I could not find Fuse box #1 either.
View attachment 94499

I looked through the manual in my car, the manual is still referring to the old Fuse box design. The fuse numbering is different too.
View attachment 94500

Anyone have info on this new fuse box? I want to tap one "always on" and one "ACC" for my dash. I have looked everywhere and cannot find any info on this.

I wonder if you have solved the problem ?

The failure to keep the documentation updated as changes are made is almost as disturbing as not including release notes for review with each OTA patch prior to installing same.

Documentation matters - especially for changes that are implemented in a production environment.

This is going to bite Tesla in the hind end at some point - I wish they would escalate the priority and get some process analysts and more documentation people on board to stay ahead of what is a known and fixable problem.