Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New FWD switch design

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The interior switch for my right FWD broke about 6 weeks or so ago.

Service Centre finally got one in last week and called me in today to replace it.

Upon opening it they realised it is a whole new design, which is better in my opinion - less likely to break, easier for a novice to understand.

Now fitted as per photo, and they are ordering another one to put onto the other side to match.

P.S. - For those wondering what broke: A small piece of black plastic (a left side hinge lug) internal to the switch broke and fell out. This meant that it still worked, but if you pulled on the left hand side of switch instead of central or right then the switch face became unclipped on the left. Only a matter of time before it failed completely.

18056502_10154890449541917_6761507630472485859_o.jpg

I have so much trouble explaining to guests how to open or close the falcon wing doors. It's gotten to the point where most of the time I just do it for them on the touchscreen. Maybe I'm not doing a good job of explaining it to people? For anyone that doesn't have trouble explaining how to operate the original falcon wing door switches to guests, how do you explain it?