Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New garage door opener problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've owned my Model 3 for almost a year and a half, and just decided that I would get a garage door opener. Got a Chamberlain. The car is parked in a one car garage attached to my house.
Since having it installed, I park the car in the evening and when I come back in the morning there are hundreds of security events logged (I haven't looked at them.) I shut off the logging, but it doesn't stop the events.
This morning I ran an errand and everything was OK. Charge was getting low, so I plugged it in. This evening I wanted to go to get some food, but even though I logged into the car through my cell phone, it still wanted me to use my key card to release the charging cable and start the car. (Yes, I had my phone with me)
Not using homelink.
Any idea why this is happening?
Thank you,

Probably some lights are flashing on/off in your garage. It could even be the light from UMC brick reflecting on the wall making the car thinks a shadow passed by.

But that would not just start after your garage opener is installed. Does it come with that door obstacle sensors? Maybe the infrared beam trips the camera? Or the garage door opener has a status light that flash every min or something?