Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Gemini 19" Wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RoBoRaT

PoPeYeD'SaiLoRDuDe
Nov 22, 2018
NorthSoCal
Anybody have these on their Model 3?

Will you share some pictures...thanks.

Model 3 19” Gemini Wheel and Winter Tire Package

1537235-00-A_0.jpg

So are these actually more aero then the standard 19?

Tesla site says it only works with the performance model which seems odd : "This package is only compatible with the Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive (Performance) Model 3 configured with 20" Performance Wheel."
Yeah. We saw that and wondered why they would write that. I think maybe someone got the description wrong or maybe they are trying to just limit them to performance models. We have them on the LR AWD Model 3.

I think at one time that the Model S spoiler was only offered for performance models but it works just fine on non-performance cars, of course.

We haven't done any efficiency tests yet but I think they are a good compromise between the 18" and the 20" wheels. I think they look a lot better than the standard aero wheels.

Is the US version straight up rims, and not with "aero covers"?
I doubt they would create a separate version that looks exactly the same. I think they are just like the ones we got in China which have removable covers.

If you watch the video above again, you can see around 2:45 and again after 7:00 how the wheels look without the aero covers.

Here's an picture of the back side of the aero covers and you can see how they snap on.
20191121_072636.jpg

2019-11-21.jpg

Last edited:
Actually yes - they appear to be more aero than standard 19 so are they then close to 18?
Actually, if you go to Tesla's Chinese website and configure a Model 3 LR AWD with the 18" aero wheels and then configure a Model 3 Performance with these 19" aero wheels, you'll find that it lists a 5 kilometer longer range for the performance model. Maybe the 19" aeros are even more efficient than the 18" aeros.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Msjulie
I doubt they would create a separate version that looks exactly the same. I think they are just like the ones we got in China which have removable covers.

If you watch the video above again, you can see around 2:45 and again after 7:00 how the wheels look without the aero covers.

Here's an picture of the back side of the aero covers and you can see how they snap on.
View attachment 479508

View attachment 479510
I see, yup it makes sense for them not to make different version for the same purpose. If ever, I will go for the darker grey version for my black 3 - but not on sale in US.

Reactions: preilly44
I see, yup it makes sense for them not to make different version for the same purpose. If ever, I will go for the darker grey version for my black 3 - but not on sale in US.
We have two different sets of the Gemini covers. The standard ones are silver. The other set was custom painted. I don't think Tesla will offer those but you could always paint or dip them yourself.

20191121_075814.jpg

Reactions: RoBoRaT
Actually yes - they appear to be more aero than standard 19 so are they then close to 18?
There are no standard 19" wheels. The 18" Aero are standard on the SR, SR+ and AWD and the 19" Sport are optional/cost wheels. The 20" Sport wheels are standard on the Performance (except the PD- that has the 18" Aero). So the 19" Sport wheels are optional.

Unfortunately only avail as a winter set currently. I did contact my parts guy and stated for online purchase only at the moment. (just released today). There is no part number listed for wheels only at this time.
After breaking out the tires (new Tesla T/O pirelli snow tires w/foam) $1300 plus prob $300 for sensors im putting a figure of about 4-450$ per rim on these.
Part number for rims only should be avail next week.

Model 3 19” Gemini Wheel and Winter Tire Package