TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Gen-III Renderings Request -Theo Chin, Others?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by igotzzoom, Jul 15, 2014.

1. igotzzoom

igotzzoom Member

#1 igotzzoom, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    I think it's time for a new round of Gen-III renderings. I went back through the forum, and found Theo Chin's 5-door hatch Gen-III renderings. Very handsome, but I think it will take more of a fastback form. BTW, I was a big fan of Chin's stunning Model S wagon rendering. What we know so far: "Similar" styling to Model S, but more daring. I'm thinking it'll probably be a cross between the Model S, the 2014 Mazda 3 hatchback (remember VonHolzhausen used to work for Mazda) and the BMW 4-Series Gran Coupe or 3-Series GT.

I would volunteer to do one, but I have little to no graphic art or rendering skills. Would love to see what some of you are envisioning! :smile:

2. hileyms

hileyms Member

3. DITB

DITB Charged.hk co-founder

And here is the badge for it:

Tesla model III.png

4. T B

T B President, Tesla Club Sweden

The badge on the car:
    model3.jpg

5. DITB

DITB Charged.hk co-founder

So it won't be III but 3?

6. Model 3

Model 3 Active Member

I think it will be "T☰SLA ☰" :)

7. T B

T B President, Tesla Club Sweden

A bit confusion right now. According to Auto Express Elon Musk said "three bars", according to Tesla Motors tweet it will be "Model 3".

Anyway, it was easier for me to horizontal flip the upper part of the "S" in MODEL S in the picture and thus create a "3" than make three bars.

8. Model 3

Model 3 Active Member

I think it will be T≡SLA Model ≡ (the same bars as in the E in tEsla) not Model III.

9. Red Sage

Red Sage The Cybernetic Samurai

This is my best guess for the Tesla Model ☰ badge:
    Tesla Model 3_-_RED LOGO 02.jpg

As for the car itself... Theo's skills far surpass my own, but I may sketch something out. I would expect the Tesla Model ☰ to be very stylish. It may well 'borrow' styling elements from other cars in the segment, like BMW, AUDI, Volvo, Mercedes-Benz, Cadillac... But it will still be unique unto itself, and obviously a Tesla Motors product.

I do agree the 'sedan' design will be of a five door configuration, sleeker than the BMW 3-Series Gran Turismo. I expect there will also be a wagon, and I hope for a coupe. I believe that at least three configurations will be unveiled at once, though five or more may be built on the platform eventually.

10. Model 3

Model 3 Active Member

My best guess is a mix of Model S, aston martin V8 Vantage http://www.astonmartin.com/cars/the-vantage-range/v8-vantage, and Mazda 3 http://brand.mazda.com/en/models/

I hope for a wagon, but don't expect it. As with GII Model X take the role off the wagon, on GIII Model Y will be instead of the wagon. If they unveil more then one model at the same time my guess is for Model ☰, Model Y and Roadster 3.0

11. CHGolferJim

CHGolferJim Member

Aston Martin Vantage........drool.......

12. pr0teu5

pr0teu5 Member

I don't know if this image has made the rounds yet, but I'll just leave it here anyway.

TESLA%u00252BKAMMBACK%u00252Bface2.jpg

I really like this interpretation. The short front hood and sloping fastback give it a unique character as compared to the Model S, while still giving it a nice Tesla feel. If this this thing had approximately the same dimensions as the BMW 3 Gt it would be a great looking car.

13. RJK911

RJK911 Member

Hey guys, I'm a new member, this is my first post, but I edited some existing renderings, check em out, they're attached.

o-TESLA-MODEL-3-ps-handles_zps3a9c9392.jpg
    darkrims-tints-noplate-handles-slats-windows-grille-grey_zpse8f0aaa4.jpg
    darkrims-tints-noplate-handles-slats-windows-grille-blue-fixed_zps84a04039.jpg
    darkrims-tints-noplate-handles-slats_zpsf11ea9bb.png
    darkrims-tints-noplate-handles-slats-windows-grille_zpsebe0696f.png
    original image below:
    ScreenShot2014-08-17at71044PM_zps95781fb7.png

14. Sunlight

Sunlight Member

prOteu5 - thanks for the sketch design - nice - quite like it!

Design sketch.jpg

However it 'suffers' from the usual concept design sketch issues.

Wheels too big (scale at about 24inches!); wheelbase too short; height too low; too long; minimal rear end protection and no headroom in the back.......

Here is a (badly) revised version - can't do photoshopping so it is a crude cut-and-paste and pencil! But it sort of addresses the issues above. Still looks quite good but is rather long so rather a MS than a M3. Just a bit of fun...

Design sketch modified.jpg

Windscreen angle is still a bit extreme.

15. pr0teu5

pr0teu5 Member

Still looks great! It is a bit long I'll admit, but I think it can work for a Gen3. Here's hoping that the real model will looks that good.

16. Michiel vd Brink

Michiel vd Brink New Member

What would you say if Tesla went upmarket and a bit more classic?

Tesla-S-by-Michiel-07.jpg