Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Glass Roof Option, Any Info?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I doubt that will be an issue with the new Glass Roof option since it is fixed in place, unlike the Sunroof option which has a moveable panel and a lot of flexible seals that have to function perfectly.

It should be quieter in the long term too versus a sunroof as those seals age. My 12 year old Mazda is very noisy from old door seals.

That's one feature that I wanted when I got my car. In 1.5 years, I might have opened the roof once or twice... I would've gladly gotten the fixed glass roof for the same (or less) cost.

It was something I was hoping would port over when I saw it in the X but not worth waiting longer than I already had on the car. For me, it is worth more than the sunroof and I intend to pay the change fee since I haven't entered production.

I wonder if this means that they will simply retire the body-colored roof all together sooner rather than later and continue to improve their margins by increasing the baseline price along the way...
I highly doubt they would do that. There will still be some people who want the fixed metal roof for whatever reason.