Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New guy: maintenance history question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Hello all,
I've been driving my new-to-me 85D for a month now and she's a beauty.
'Lusy' is a 2015 (loaded) with 10,301 miles (when I picked her up) built in Aug so I got the 4 yr 50k mile warranty. She's in new condition for $48,800 so I feel like I got a good deal.
How can I get the maintenance history? With only 10k miles I'm not expecting much but you never know.

Thanks
Henry

You will not get the history from Tesla. Many have tried, I believe a few claim to have got it and or been able to read it over a S/C employees shoulder - but corporate policy is that you cannot have it.

The price you got, for the miles looks great to me - I hope you have a great ownership experience. Almost makes me wish I waited ... but we would not have had 32K miles of great driving experience over the last 2 years if I had!

Reactions: maximizese
Hello,

Hello all,
I've been driving my new-to-me 85D for a month now and she's a beauty.
'Lusy' is a 2015 (loaded) with 10,301 miles (when I picked her up) built in Aug so I got the 4 yr 50k mile warranty. She's in new condition for $48,800 so I feel like I got a good deal.
How can I get the maintenance history? With only 10k miles I'm not expecting much but you never know.

Thanks
Henry

You might try stopping by a Service Center. Rather than asking for all the history, maybe try a few questions and see if they will be "helpful." One thing in particular would be the motor upgrade to ceramic bearings. With only 10k miles, it's unlikely the milling noise has started, which usually kicks in around 25-30k. However, I believe you will be covered under 8 year battery / motor warranty regardless. Many of the typical kinks were solved by 2015, so that's a pretty solid car. Nice purchase!

Reactions: alset85d
If you buy from Tesla, I can certainly affirm they will give you maintenance history. In my case there was none except the annual inspection covered by a prepaid service plan.

Of course, you have to be careful how you ask. They can black out the prior owners name as they did in my case.

Also, there is Carfax. Showed the owner curbed two wheels and replaced them with NEW.

Well worth trying to get the records. I saved 500+ by not redoing maintenance that was already done.

Reactions: alset85d
Thanks, I bought it from tesla online and picked up at Dedham Ma. I should have asked while there.

In all my research I didnt know about the ceramic bearing thanks! I have 4 yrs left to cover the motor and bat.

As for the prior owners information: they never factory reset the car so his info was still in it. I cleared it all and don't even remember his name.

I have gone on line to see teslas list of used cars and the prices have gone up since I got mine as well as no free charging.
With the options mine was 102k new so 4 yrs later I got it for half price
I'm loving this MS, its everything I was expecting minus the phantom pwr lose :(

Last edited:
I bought an 85D CPO from Tesla (back when CPO existed) and asked for and was refused the records. Same for my current MS I bought private. I was able to get someone to check what “Annual” service was done so I knew which interval was next.

SC here in the uk wouldn't send me a copy but read out over the phone everything the car had done to it and when including services, recalls and warranty items from new. took about 15 min and i made note of them all. depends who you speak to really and how busy they are.