Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New habits I've formed while waiting...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time lurker here.

I've found it curious the new OCD habits I've formed since configuring my AWD. The first year and a half of waiting was bearable, however the past month and half have been excruciating. Here are a few habits I have developed...and perhaps I am not alone.
- Refreshing my TMC page constantly
- Making my Tesla order page my default home page
- Hoping that this constant checking, account logins, and refreshing somehow sends a direct feed to Tesla that indicates
"hey this guy really wants his car....so let's get it to him STAT"
- Talking to anyone who will listen about reservation vs. order ques
- Answering EVERY phone call, even if I know it's a telemarketer, in the off chance it's Tesla

To everyone who has been waiting longer than me, I applaud you for staying sane. Misery loves company, so this forum has kept me off the therapist's sofa.

Ha! So sad that it rings true with many I'm sure, me included. And this is my second time around, as I did the same things when I ordered my Model X in 2016. It doesn't get any easier... I don't know if I could ever buy a third Tesla! But I know I will... with each years' improvements, I just gotta have 'em. Already reading about the "new computer" that will be put in the M3s that ordered Full Autonomous Driving, due sometime in the next 6 months or so... Heck, I want that! But aint no way I'm waiting for it... I want my M3 (sorry MTV).

Ha! So sad that it rings true with many I'm sure, me included. And this is my second time around, as I did the same things when I ordered my Model X in 2016. It doesn't get any easier... I don't know if I could ever buy a third Tesla! But I know I will... with each years' improvements, I just gotta have 'em. Already reading about the "new computer" that will be put in the M3s that ordered Full Autonomous Driving, due sometime in the next 6 months or so... Heck, I want that! But aint no way I'm waiting for it... I want my M3 (sorry MTV).

Dude, they'll swap the new CPU into your M3 for free, regardless of when you get it, provided you paid for FSD

I try to do other things like exercise a lot but just like in 2009-2011 with my Nissan Leaf waiting game i do all the typical obsessive things mentioned by the OP. With Tesla there are so many more You Tube things to watch, two forums, and podcasts. I hear ghe same info multiple times a week. Hopefully i can ween myself down to just Electrek, Teslarati, Teslanomics, Like Tesla, and Now you know once i get the car but i'll miss All the others. It is easier to disconnect some once i am driving electric again.

For me it's goes like this.

While alone: F5 F5 F5 F5 F5, search for news updates pictures F5 F5 F5 F5 F5
While around others Then: "Where is your car?" My Chevy volt is parked in it's usual spot.....

I don't want to talk about waiting for my car anymore, I have pretty much given up at this point and it's too expensive anyways...But F5 F5 F5 F5 maybe someday it will come.

Once you DO get your car, shift those obsessive behaviors toward measuring a few new things...
- How many days until you go to drive another car and realize too late that you don't have its 20th century fob or keys with you.
- How many days until you go to drive another car and try to put it into gear without first turning on the vehicle.
- How many days until you step out of another car's driver seat and forget to turn the car off first.
- How many days until you walk away from driving another car and forget to lock it.
- How many days until you curse another car you're driving for lacking HOLD mode at a traffic light.
- How many days until you curse another car you're driving for lacking TACC/EAP while in heavy traffic.
- How many days until you curse another car you're driving for not having your AC vent preferences and music preferences ready for you.
These are fun moments ahead!