TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Hampshire announces funding for public charging stations

Discussion in 'New England' started by tga, Mar 11, 2015.

1. tga

tga Active Member

#1 tga, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    I heard this on WBZ this morning. NH and the Granite State Clean Cities Coalition are announcing the availability of rebates to support EVSE installation in NH. Yes, it's only $49,000, but it's a start.

NHDES Announces Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Rebates | Press Release 2015 | Media Center | NH Department of Environmental Services

I thought this was interesting - "Rebates will first be offered (through April 3, 2015) for installation of “DC fast chargers” on Interstate 93 south of Interstate 89. The maximum rebate for DC fast chargers is $12,000." It would be nice to see a Chademo or CCS installation in Hooksett (not much help for Tesla owners, but good for driving EV adoption).

Also of note: "Charging stations must be publicly accessible at all times."

More documentation here:

Welcome to Drive Electric NH - NH Department of Environmental Services

Welcome to the home of the Granite State Clean Cities Coalition Promoting transportation solutions for a better New Hampshire

- - - Updated - - -

From the rebate guidelines doc, http://des.nh.gov/organization/divisions/air/drive-electric/documents/evse-rebate-guidelines.pdf

$24k in FY2015, $25k in FY2016

"A priority for New Hampshire is to have Level 3, or DC Fast Charging, stations available to motorists on the Interstate 93 south of the intersection with I-89 to enable travel through the state on these two corridors."

"3. EVSE must be:
    a. Available to the public on a 24 hour/7 days a week basis, and accessible year round
    unless located at a seasonal operation.
    b. Located at an easily-accessed site.
    c. Protected by barriers or mounting options to prevent damage from vehicles.
    d. Be identified by signage compliant with MUTCD7
    D-9.
    e. Be identified by signage to indicate EV parking only."

It appears to me that the L3 April 3 deadline is for submitting the pre-approval form, not for project completion. Once notified that the pre-approval has been accepted, there is a 5 month deadline for completion, otherwise funds are released to the next project in the queue.

2. Nikxice

Nikxice Member

tga, thanks for posting this information, along with the links. Spreading the word might attract a business owner interested in pursuing the rebate.

With a 35 year state contract, the current lessee of the Hooksett rest areas might also be motivated to act.

3. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Good to see, though with such a targeted location it would seem more straightforward for the state to install 2 dual CHAdeMO/CCS units at each of the north and south-bound Hookset rest stops, as Connecticut did at Greenwich.