Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Hampshire Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my MYLR yesterday in Paramus. Delivery went smooth. 99% of the car was flawless. Small paint issue on the trunk and they're willing to repaint the trunk for it as they were unable to buff out. Don't know if I'm going to go down that road since there's a risk of paint mismatch.. Stopped to supercharge in Sturbridge, MA and even that was a cool experience. Happy to have joined the club. Anyone have recommendations for tesla inspections in southern nh?
Assuming they gave you a temporary NJ registration for the trip back and until you register it in NH? Thanks

Picked up my MYLR yesterday in Paramus. Delivery went smooth. 99% of the car was flawless. Small paint issue on the trunk and they're willing to repaint the trunk for it as they were unable to buff out. Don't know if I'm going to go down that road since there's a risk of paint mismatch.. Stopped to supercharge in Sturbridge, MA and even that was a cool experience. Happy to have joined the club. Anyone have recommendations for tesla inspections in southern nh?

Congratulations! Do you love it?

I'm still enjoying the hell out of mine and don't expect that "new car excitement" to wear off anytime soon.

I took mine to Duncan's in Londonderry for the inspection on the recommendation of another forum member here. They know about Tesla's and have the jack pads on hand. I requested an appointment online and got a text back to finish up the scheduling on the next business day. Quick in and out to get it done and they even put the sticker on nice and straight.

Congratulations! Do you love it?

I'm still enjoying the hell out of mine and don't expect that "new car excitement" to wear off anytime soon.

I took mine to Duncan's in Londonderry for the inspection on the recommendation of another forum member here. They know about Tesla's and have the jack pads on hand. I requested an appointment online and got a text back to finish up the scheduling on the next business day. Quick in and out to get it done and they even put the sticker on nice and straight.
I also went to Duncan’s. It was easy and they do work on Teslas all the time.

Yup! Tesla says they'll mail me a registration packet within three weeks of delivery so hopefully everything will be good to go.
Does anyone know why they do this "mail you your registration packet" stupidity? Why can't the ship the certificate of origin with the new car, like every other manufacturer?

Every other new car I've bought came with the paperwork needed to register it. Either the dealer did it for me before delivery, or gave me the necessary paperwork to do it myself.

Does anyone know why they do this "mail you your registration packet" stupidity? Why can't the ship the certificate of origin with the new car, like every other manufacturer?

Every other new car I've bought came with the paperwork needed to register it. Either the dealer did it for me before delivery, or gave me the necessary paperwork to do it myself.
I didn’t get a “registration packet”. I got the certificate of origin and signed MVPA via UPS about 2 weeks after I picked up my MYLR. When my temp NJ plates were about to expire, I took everything to city hall (along with my Monroney sticker) to register it and transfer the NH plates from my previous car over to the Tesla.

I’m guessing the registration packet mentioned is just general terminology used since I’m sure Tesla staff doesn’t memorize the sales and registration processes for every state

Do we know why Tesla sends NH residents to NJ instead of NY for vehicle pickups? I understand the NJ is easier in that there's no sales tax at all for EVs, versus NY that requires some paperwork to get the non-resident exception, but are there other differences? Mt Kisco shaves a couple hours each way off the drive versus Paramus, so I assume there's a good reason for it.