Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Hansshow Android 10.25 inch instrument cluster/display install and review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes you must pair your hansshow unit to the Tesla unit to hear your call so instead of turning off Bluetooth once it connects just turn of the music on the phone Bluetooth settings
Not working for me.

The Tesla is connected to Hansshow's BT
Then I connect my phone to Hansshow's a007_bt
AA started.
In my phone's BT setting, both audio and phone are enabled.
then I turned off audio.
Started a call using google assistant, other party cannot hear my voice.
disabled phone call in my phone's BT setting (to a007_bt) then other party can hear me, but it uses my phone's microphone, not tesla's microphone.
Step out of the car to pick up something, after 2 mins, step in the car, BT to a007_bt is disconnected. manually connected to a007_bt from my phone, Hansshow's AA screen keep loading (the green spining icon) for the rest of trip.

What version of AA you have? Mine is 8.5.625244-release, and phone is Samsung S20+

thanks

There appear to be differences between Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Not working for me.

AA started.
then I turned off audio.
disabled phone call in my phone's BT setting (to a007_bt) then other party can hear me, but it uses my phone's microphone, not tesla's microphone.
Step out of the car to pick up something, after 2 mins, step in the car, BT to a007_bt is disconnected. manually connected to a007_bt from my phone, Hansshow's AA screen keep loading (the green spining icon) for the rest of trip.

What version of AA you have? Mine is 8.5.625244-release, and phone is Samsung S20+

thanks
It appears there are different experiences/issues using AA vs CarPlay. Using CarPlay, I have more success when I pair the car with my phone rather than pairing the car with the Hansshow. And my phone automatically makes the wifi connection to the Hansshow within seconds of getting in the car. My phone will sometimes select the Hansshow internal speaker on phone calls, in which case I need to go to the phone setting and manually select the Tesla Model 3 speakers. I wish I could disable the Hansshow speaker option. BTW, Hansshow advised me recently that they are celebrating the "Spring Festival holiday" and will return to work on Jan 28th.

Not working for me.

AA started.
then I turned off audio.

thanks
Yeah that is the other problem when u step out the car it has a hard time reconnecting I usually reboot the hansshow screen to connect AA but a lot of time the reboot fixes a lot of the connection issue
I have a Galaxy z flip 4 and when it connects to the AA it works fine. The way I have mine set up is I leave it connected to a007 and leave the music turned off on the phone Bluetooth settings. I think u gotta make sure u connect the phone to the Hansshow unit with AA and then connect the Hansshow to the Tesla and everything works good

Yeah that is the other problem when u step out the car it has a hard time reconnecting I usually reboot the hansshow screen to connect AA but a lot of time the reboot fixes a lot of the connection issue
I have a Galaxy z flip 4 and when it connects to the AA it works fine. The way I have mine set up is I leave it connected to a007 and leave the music turned off on the phone Bluetooth settings. I think u gotta make sure u connect the phone to the Hansshow unit with AA and then connect the Hansshow to the Tesla and everything works good
Thanks, I am going to give the sequence a try.... does they mean you have to manually connect every time? In Hansshows display, The AA/Carplay is provided by zLink5, there is a new version available https://apkcombo.com/zlink/com.zjinnova.zlink/ Hopefully Hansshow will update it soon.

Reactions: Keninblaine
When I have my split screen set up with the car driving icon in 1/3 of it, and the Apple Car Play on the other 2/3 of the screen, I have the "wallpaper" set as black behind the ACP icons, but the car driving icon on the rest of the screen is white in daytime and black at night. I have no idea how it knows when to go to night mode. My center screen on the car is always set to night mode. Has anyone found a way to force the Hansshow screen to have a black background for the car icon all the time, as I don't like the white and would rather have black to match the other portion of the screen. (Another first world problem, right?)

When I have my split screen set up with the car driving icon in 1/3 of it, and the Apple Car Play on the other 2/3 of the screen, I have the "wallpaper" set as black behind the ACP icons, but the car driving icon on the rest of the screen is white in daytime and black at night. I have no idea how it knows when to go to night mode. My center screen on the car is always set to night mode. Has anyone found a way to force the Hansshow screen to have a black background for the car icon all the time, as I don't like the white and would rather have black to match the other portion of the screen. (Another first world problem, right?)
So you don't like the full screen.

I think we should come with a list of bugs / features and ask Hanshowws to fix

I do like using the full screen, but sometimes when I'm listening to a podcast and want to fast forward periodically, I keep it in the split screen view to more easily make those adjustments.

I concur with creating a list of bugs/features we'd like addressed by Hansshow. I would really like a better choice of full screen views. Of the 3 available, I prefer the one with green analog speedometer and green power meter, but would much rather have something other than the power meter which to me is virtually useless info. I'd love to be able to disable the small speaker so my phone isn't tempted to use it instead of the Tesla speakers without having to manually prompt it. While not an issue for most people, the Hansshow can't distinguish between kph and mph, which the Tesla does well. I'm only a few miles from Canada, and when I go there it displays the metric speed limit the same as the non-metric. Tesla converts it to mph for you since it knows you're in Canada. I guess Hansshow can't access the adjusted speed limit data from the Tesla.

Most of the issues you all are having seem very similar to the issues I had with other aftermarket MMI products in my old BMWs (phone calls bever worked right). Those problems have never been fixed. I think it is just the limitations of using units that are a bit hacked together, and not fully Apple or Tesla approved.

When my Tesla arrives next month, I know I will try one of the carplay options, but I'm figuring it will always be troublesome.

Most of the issues you all are having seem very similar to the issues I had with other aftermarket MMI products in my old BMWs (phone calls bever worked right). Those problems have never been fixed. I think it is just the limitations of using units that are a bit hacked together, and not fully Apple or Tesla approved.

When my Tesla arrives next month, I know I will try one of the carplay options, but I'm figuring it will always be troublesome.
Yes, I think I've seen people complain about recently intoduced factory wireless CarPlay in other vehicles such as Audi. I think the BT technology is still somewhat unstable.

After some tinkering around with the built in Carplay implementation the device uses via ZLink, I ultimately grew unsatisfied with how the connection was happening. I took a look into using Autokit via this device Autokit - Wireless CarPlay Dongle Special for Android Head Unit, which works since the display is essentially just an Android tablet of sorts. The benefit of Autokit is that there is an option within its settings to do bluetooth audio routing so the way I have it set up is that my phone's bluetooth still connects to the Tesla like normal (for audio) while my phone connects to the display essentially just to show the display on Carplay but with no audio coming out of it. This is great because I can see calls and messages pop up on both Carplay as well as the Tesla since I'm connected to both, and my calendar events show up on the Tesla and still auto-route me in the navigation when applicable. No issue with phone calls. The caveats are that navigation on any maps app on Carplay still have no sound and that the Autokit device does have somewhat frequent disconnects (maybe every 1-2 days in my daily driving). Sometimes it will be able to reconnect back on its own. Other times, I just reboot the Hansshow display altogether to get it to restart itself. It's a little annoying but I've gotten used to it, and it's better than the original solution of trying to make the display's Carplay bluetooth work seamlessly.

If ZLink had an option to do bluetooth audio routing like with Autokit, then that would be a better solution since ZLink tended to connect pretty reliably for me. But doubt that will ever become an option.

After some tinkering around with the built in Carplay implementation the device uses via ZLink, I ultimately grew unsatisfied with how the connection was happening. I took a look into using Autokit via this device Autokit - Wireless CarPlay Dongle Special for Android Head Unit, which works since the display is essentially just an Android tablet of sorts. The benefit of Autokit is that there is an option within its settings to do bluetooth audio routing so the way I have it set up is that my phone's bluetooth still connects to the Tesla like normal (for audio) while my phone connects to the display essentially just to show the display on Carplay but with no audio coming out of it. This is great because I can see calls and messages pop up on both Carplay as well as the Tesla since I'm connected to both, and my calendar events show up on the Tesla and still auto-route me in the navigation when applicable. No issue with phone calls. The caveats are that navigation on any maps app on Carplay still have no sound and that the Autokit device does have somewhat frequent disconnects (maybe every 1-2 days in my daily driving). Sometimes it will be able to reconnect back on its own. Other times, I just reboot the Hansshow display altogether to get it to restart itself. It's a little annoying but I've gotten used to it, and it's better than the original solution of trying to make the display's Carplay bluetooth work seamlessly.

If ZLink had an option to do bluetooth audio routing like with Autokit, then that would be a better solution since ZLink tended to connect pretty reliably for me. But doubt that will ever become an option.
You should look at the T2C adapter for better integration with Tesla. Amazon has it a bit cheaper.

You should look at the T2C adapter for better integration with Tesla. Amazon has it a bit cheaper.

We have had an issue here with accounts astroturfing* here for that kit, so frankly I look side eyed at any recommendation for it at all. I have had to ban several brand new accounts for astroturfing for that particular item.

*Astroturfing in this usage =

Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 12.18.36 PM.png

Reactions: ArtK and jerome8283
I think I finally have my unit working properly and quite consistently. My iPhone is paired with the Tesla screen via BT, and most of the time my CarPlay automatically connects with the Hansshow display, all within about 10 seconds of getting in the car. All sound is coming out of the Tesla speakers. My phone no longer selects the Hansshow internal speaker by default, as Hansshow provided me with the iPhone setting that stops that (and it is not in an intuitive place as is often the case with Apple!). Hansshow also directed me to select "night" for the display in order to prevent the white screen in daytime for the driving icon. I hadn't caught that during my setup. I'll soon be installing a matte film over the smoke gray film tint already installed on the display so reflection will be reduced. As mentioned earlier, most of the audio trouble-shooting seemed to end up being due to the BT connection not always happening without me hitting pause and then play again to kick start the audio. Yoke wheel is due today so I'm looking forward to putting it on this weekend to get the improvement in screen visibility and better screen touch access.

Hansshow provided me with the iPhone setting that stops that (and it is not in an intuitive place as is often the case with Apple!)… Yoke wheel is due today so I'm looking forward to putting it on this weekend to get the improvement in screen visibility and better screen touch access.
Hey, iPhone user here. You mind sharing what the iPhone settings are. Like many here been saying there’s been hits/misses, BT glitches, etc., etc…. It seem like with each drive (or different driver), I can’t get the Hansshow screen to work how I want it to work. I want the Hansshow screen to display Waze with audio alerts and want to make my music selection from the tesla screen. After alot of tinkering: I can only get the Hansshow screen with Waze audio (giving directions), but it will not allow me to select/listen to music from tesla screen; if I switch BT settings around - I can select/listen to music from Tesla screen, the Waze works on the HS screen, however with no audio. Can’t figure it out. Hoping someone here has a solution/BT configuration where I can hear Waze from HS screen while being able to select music (& also hear) from Tesla screen.

Hope your yoke steering wheel install goes well! The HS screen w/yoke steering wheel is a great fit. Here’s mine.

Attachments

• 409391DB-8D7F-4332-93B7-D365CD92307F.jpeg
    409391DB-8D7F-4332-93B7-D365CD92307F.jpeg
    524.4 KB · Views: 104
Hey, iPhone user here. You mind sharing what the iPhone settings are. Like many here been saying there’s been hits/misses, BT glitches, etc., etc…. It seem like with each drive (or different driver), I can’t get the Hansshow screen to work how I want it to work. I want the Hansshow screen to display Waze with audio alerts and want to make my music selection from the tesla screen. After alot of tinkering: I can only get the Hansshow screen with Waze audio (giving directions), but it will not allow me to select/listen to music from tesla screen; if I switch BT settings around - I can select/listen to music from Tesla screen, the Waze works on the HS screen, however with no audio. Can’t figure it out. Hoping someone here has a solution/BT configuration where I can hear Waze from HS screen while being able to select music (& also hear) from Tesla screen.

Hope your yoke steering wheel install goes well! The HS screen w/yoke steering wheel is a great fit. Here’s mine.
Here is the quoted advice about iPhone settings: "When you are using carplay, if you want to route your calls through the car or speaker as default, you'll need to go to iPhone setup>accessibility > touch > call audio routing > set to Bluetooth headset which will then default to any Bluetooth device, which in this case, happens to be the tesla." I would never have guessed that the setting for speaker selection would be under "accessibility>touch". Thanks Apple!

I'm not sure what music you are playing from your Tesla screen. If it is one of the apps like Tidal, it is played directly from the Tesla screen which by default de-selects the bluetooth connection to your phone (where the CarPlay originates). So while on Tidal etc. you won't hear your phone/CarPlay audio until you touch the BT icon on the Tesla screen. All of this is under the assumption that you pair your Tesla screen to your phone's BT, not to the Hansshow BT, and also assumes that I know what I'm talking about :).

Reactions: mclark2112