Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Hansshow Android 10.25 inch instrument cluster/display install and review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is the quoted advice about iPhone settings: "When you are using carplay, if you want to route your calls through the car or speaker as default, you'll need to go to iPhone setup>accessibility > touch > call audio routing > set to Bluetooth headset which will then default to any Bluetooth device, which in this case, happens to be the tesla." I would never have guessed that the setting for speaker selection would be under "accessibility>touch". Thanks Apple!

I'm not sure what music you are playing from your Tesla screen. If it is one of the apps like Tidal, it is played directly from the Tesla screen which by default de-selects the bluetooth connection to your phone (where the CarPlay originates). So while on Tidal etc. you won't hear your phone/CarPlay audio until you touch the BT icon on the Tesla screen. All of this is under the assumption that you pair your Tesla screen to your phone's BT, not to the Hansshow BT, and also assumes that I know what I'm talking about :).
When you make that change though, all your calls will go through the nearest Bluetooth device. At home, away from my car, when I receive a phone call it automatically connects to my airpods max. I had to deactivate the above setting because I just wanted to answer my phone normally when outside of the car.

Anyone know how to access the high level factory settings of this unit? I’d like to try and connect a Bluetooth trackpad but I can’t gain access to Bluetooth settings as they are locked out

When you make that change though, all your calls will go through the nearest Bluetooth device. At home, away from my car, when I receive a phone call it automatically connects to my airpods max. I had to deactivate the above setting because I just wanted to answer my phone normally when outside of the car.

Anyone know how to access the high level factory settings of this unit? I’d like to try and connect a Bluetooth trackpad but I can’t gain access to Bluetooth settings as they are locked out

Interesting. Yes, I just realized yesterday that incoming phone call audio was going to my Beats Fit Pro even when they weren't in my ears, and I didn't know why. However, if they are in their charge case, my phone audio stays with the phone.

293A4D13-8528-4E69-B4B4-6A663E2099F1.jpeg

The first password was 000000 but this second password I can’t figure out. Anyone know what it is?

I have this unit and I love it! But I just realized there’s no way to sync your contacts and calendar if you stop pairing your Tesla with your phone. Probably not a big deal, but I did like the calendar sync in my car which started the gps location to the event that was next. I guess I could use Apple Maps to do the same thing, but then you don’t have the location for self driving.

I have this unit and I love it! But I just realized there’s no way to sync your contacts and calendar if you stop pairing your Tesla with your phone. Probably not a big deal, but I did like the calendar sync in my car which started the gps location to the event that was next. I guess I could use Apple Maps to do the same thing, but then you don’t have the location for self driving.
You can "share" the phone app location with the car.

Does anyone know of a way to pair bluetooth devices? I'm specifically trying to pair an Xbox controller for Xbox game pass gaming while I'm charging. I've gone to add bluetooth device and wasn't able to see the controller as a device to pair. Any information will help thank you

Please help! Is it possible to play music or videos through the instrument cluster's internal speaker? Despite trying all the settings, I cannot get the sound to come from the device's speaker. The only option is to connect to Tesla's Bluetooth and play the music via Tesla's speakers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey everyone. Both AA and CP are working for me, but I noticed an issue with AA (ver 9.0.630834-rel) in full screen mode. When using my iPhone, CP utilizes the entire screen, but when using my Pixel 7 Pro, AA only uses 2/3 of the screen, black bars on the left and right sides. AA developer settings on my phone allows you to configure video resolution, but unfortunately this had no affect. Is anyone else experiencing this behavior in full screen mode with AA?

I started to read this thread from beginning and got through 2 pages and skipped to the end. Personally, a product like this should not be beta tested by its customers after release. Seems more work is happening by customer than thought that went into its functionality. However, still not seeing anyone pair these displays with a front camera to assist in the lack of sensors or bumper camera from Tesla to help park these in a garage, etc., without having to get in and out a bunch of times or needing a spotter.

I started to read this thread from beginning and got through 2 pages and skipped to the end. Personally, a product like this should not be beta tested by its customers after release. Seems more work is happening by customer than thought that went into its functionality. However, still not seeing anyone pair these displays with a front camera to assist in the lack of sensors or bumper camera from Tesla to help park these in a garage, etc., without having to get in and out a bunch of times or needing a spotter.
I've had mine installed now for a few months and have gotten quite comfortable with it. I love the front bumper camera every time I approach a parking curb to avoid scraping the front bumper. The only regular glitch is the audio not working when it first comes on, and having to hit pause and then start again to get the audio to work. I think it is a bluetooth quirk. Also, once a month or so it doesn't pair to my phone for Apple Play for some reason, so I have to re-pair it. Other than that, I'm enjoying the convenience of having Apple Play in front of me and being able to scroll and select using the right thumb wheel.

I currently am having a couple issues with my display. My display was showing that I had 4G signal yet any app that I went to showed that I had no network connectivity. In attempt to fix the network issue I then foolishly factory reset my display and am now receiving the missing file error message along with not seeing my vehicle. Is there any fix for either of these issues? Thank you in advance for the help.

I currently am having a couple issues with my display. My display was showing that I had 4G signal yet any app that I went to showed that I had no network connectivity. In attempt to fix the network issue I then foolishly factory reset my display and am now receiving the missing file error message along with not seeing my vehicle. Is there any fix for either of these issues? Thank you in advance for the help.
Did you ever figure this out? I have just set up this unit in my 2023 Model Y. I can see 4G, but I can't browse any websites in Chrome, and the devices I connect to the unit's hotspot can't use the internet. I pulled the SIM from my iPad to use in the display, so I am unsure if that's the problem. It's an ATT data SIM. I have been working with Hansshow Support via WhatsApp, but they have hit a roadblock. They say that I need to change the APN to broadband, but there is no option for that anywhere.

Did you ever figure this out? I have just set up this unit in my 2023 Model Y. I can see 4G, but I can't browse any websites in Chrome, and the devices I connect to the unit's hotspot can't use the internet. I pulled the SIM from my iPad to use in the display, so I am unsure if that's the problem. It's an ATT data SIM. I have been working with Hansshow Support via WhatsApp, but they have hit a roadblock. They say that I need to change the APN to broadband, but there is no option for that anywhere.
Yes... the device is seen a phone vs a tablet. The sim has to be a phone line sim